Job Title: Program Manager (Child & Family Services) - Lac La Biche
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm - As this is a management position, travel to Provincial Central Admin offices along with some evenings & weekends required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $34+/Hour PLUS employer-paid health & dental benefits
When families are in crisis, WJS Canada's trauma-informed Family Resilience programs and services, such as life skills training, family preservation, reunification and supported family time, keep children and youth connected to their families, communities, and Indigenous culture.
Manages the Lac La Biche Children's Services program, outreach and community-based collaborative services.
Drawing upon extensive social services leadership experience, you will lead a diverse group of dedicated social work professionals and ensure the program delivers life-changing support and services within the community.
Some travel required. Should possess a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and acceptable driver’s abstract.
In Your Role You Will
• Assist the Program Director to develop, implement, manage and evaluate high-quality, outcome-based family services programming.
• Hire, train and mentor Family Support Workers and other staff.
• Supervise, assign and monitor social work caseloads.
• Promote WJS Canada family services programs and community initiatives.
• Advocate for clients.
• Maintain electronic client files and report program/service outcomes
• Attend Child and Family Services (CFS) case conferencing.
• Assist in future contract negotiations with funders.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Bachelors Degree: Social Work, Child and Youth Work, Sociology or Psychology, etc.
• Management experience: 5 years
• Training in Signs of Safety, Solution Focused Training, Attachment Theory, Trauma Informed Care and Collaborative Service Delivery
• Strong interpersonal communications skills; able to foster cooperative work environment and community.
• Indigenous culture and cultural sensitivity.
• Conflict resolution, mediation and crisis prevention and intervention skills.
• Understanding of Alberta Child and Family Enhancement Act and Bill C-92.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including: 4 weeks annual vacation (5 weeks after 2 years of service), Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life and more!
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!