Senior Accounting Coordinator, Revenue and Donations– Full Time, Permanent
Located in Vancouver or Toronto (flexible)
Are you an experienced finance or administrative professional looking for fulfilling work in the non-profit sector with supportive colleagues and a flexible work culture? Are you a mission-aligned individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service to community partners?
MakeWay is looking for a Senior Accounting Coordinator, Revenue and Donations to act as a frontline resource for donors, shared platform projects, and internal staff. This position is a combination of customer service, gift processing, and data entry duties. With your love for details and data technology, you ensure efficient revenue processing, charitable tax receipting, and exemplary data hygiene and recordkeeping.
Reporting to the Controller, you work primarily with MakeWay’s Salesforce CRM system and with the online donations tool Click and Pledge.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to help nature and communities thrive together. We are made up of two legal charitable entities: MakeWay Charitable Society, a shared platform home to over 65 innovative community-led projects staffed by 150 change makers; and MakeWay Foundation where about 70 people are advancing place-based programs that support Indigenous-led solutions and conservation in the North, Pacific, Manitoba, and beyond via grant-making, funder collaboratives and other tools. Our people, projects, and partners are based across the country.
What You’ll Do:
- Create a meaningful experience for donors through professional, flawless responses to phone and email queries relating to donations and other revenue.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of CRA regulations and best practices for donations processing and recording.
- Ensure transactions are compliant with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) policies and guidelines and MakeWay policies.
- Process donations and non-donations revenue in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner.
- Input clean, meaningful data into the CRM through a variety of processes, ranging from manual entry to mass imports using the technology provided.
- Generate timely tax receipts and acknowledgement letters.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data in alignment with donor privacy preferences and MakeWay policies.
- Generate accounts receivables invoices.
- Prepare cheques for weekly bank deposit.
- Assist with the implementation of internal audit processes to ensure accuracy of data and reporting.
- Working in conjunction with other departments, evaluate and improve the processes for revenue processing, tax receipting, reporting, and data management.
What You Bring:
- Action oriented: You readily take on new challenges, seize opportunities, and display a consistent can-do attitude.
- Customer focus: You gain insight into customer needs and establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Collaborative: You work well with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives, balancing autonomy and collaboration.
- Interpersonal Savvy: You relate comfortably with people across all levels, functions, cultures, and geographies, acting with diplomacy and tact.
- Manages complexity: You can manage a high volume of requests in a timely manner, are flexible to changing priorities, and comfortable acquiring data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems.
Experience You Bring:
- Two to three years related general donations or revenue processing experience in a high-volume environment
- Experience in the charitable/non-profit sector
- Experience in Accounts Receivables processing
- CRM software training and experience (Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or similar)
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Alignment with MakeWay's core values of PLACE - Partnership, Listening, Action, Courage, Equity
It Would be a Bonus if You Have:
- Experience using Salesforce and Click and Pledge
- Working knowledge of Netsuite ERP accounting system
- General accounting training
- CRA compliance training for charities
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Full time annual salary of $55,157 - $60,935 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks' vacation plus statutory holidays. MakeWay has implemented a Substitution Statutory Holiday policy which allows employees the flexibility to substitute another day for a statutory holiday. In addition, the MakeWay office is closed annually for a winter holiday break.
- Flexible work environment with remote working
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
How to Apply:
In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay team. This position will stay open until filled.