Prince George Family Y
Intern Term Position
starting July 4th for 8 weeks
What you will gain
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living, fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children, families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth and create social change through child care services, camp programs, community health services, employment services, recreation, and health and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun, positive team in an environment of honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, and inclusivity. Our Association Services team supports our wide variety of programs and services through administration, finance, human resources, information technology, philanthropy, and marketing and communications.
What you will bring
Our experienced team members are passionate about supporting and growing the mission and goals of the YMCA throughout northern BC. They believe in putting people first with YMCA 5 Star Service and lead by example through teamwork, innovation, enthusiasm, and meaningful relationships.
Responsibilities and abilities
The Marketing Intern will work in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team to promote YMCA programs across the Association and tell the YMCA Story to promote philanthropy to gain meaningful work experience through:
- Manage all social media platforms to enhance engagement, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Work creatively, build and execute communication projects to increase social media engagement, tell YMCA stories, and encourage a culture of giving.
- A strong ability to create and write meaningful ads within YMCA Brand Guidelines.
- Create engaging content and manage multiple social media pages and platforms.
- Monitor and respond to social media inquiries.
- Meet marketing needs including, but not limited to: external print and digital ads, brochures, posters.
- Create, record, and edit video and photography campaigns that are inline with YMCA brand.
As this job is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, candidate must be must be 15-30 years old, a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident/Refugee, be legally allowed to work according to provincial legislation and have a valid social insurance number.
- Able to produce high-quality work and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-demand environment – a strong ability to work within and meet deadlines.
- Experience in all Office programs, Office 365, and Adobe Suite is an asset.
- Exceptional understanding of social media platforms from a business profile.
- Experience working with strict brand guidelines - experience working with the YMCA Brand is an asset.
- Exceptional written and organizational skills.
- Post secondary in Graphic Design, Web Design, English, Communications, or Journalism is an asset.
- Innovative, creative, self motivated, flexible, team oriented.
- Physical ability to do the duties required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Three satisfactory professional references.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
- Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
- Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
- Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
- Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.