The Supervisor will assist the Coordinator to utilize a community development approach, working with a team of volunteers, to deliver place-based programs within a number of subsidized seniors housing complexes.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Using an inclusive community development approach, to work with the coordinator to develop and promote programs within seniors’ subsidized housing complexes that welcome seniors of diverse backgrounds and abilities
To work with residents to increase their engagement in programs and increase access to needed services
To recruit volunteers who will support other residents by leading programs such as coffee times, games nights, dance and other exercise sessions, etc
To work with the BNH team to bring in other supports and services as needed, such as settlement, meal and shopping programs, digital literacy support, nutrition workshops, etc.
To assess seniors’ needs and provide referrals to appropriate community services and supports
Works with the Coordinator to identify gaps in services and recruit volunteers to address the needs.
To attend meetings that relate to seniors issues as necessary.
To work as part of the BNH staff team and perform related and other duties as assigned
1. Knowledge and experience with utilizing a Community Development Approach while working with seniors
2. Passion for supporting seniors to overcome social isolation and encourage the building of their strengths and active participation in the community
3. Degree or diploma in a seniors’ related field or equivalent training and/or experience working with seniors in a community-based setting
4. Strong skills and experience working with seniors and volunteers
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
6. Excellent communication, writing, planning and problem solving skills.
7. Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations and with a broad range of community and public partners
8. Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace
9. Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), and virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom)
10. Current Emergency first-aid certification (or willing to obtain)
11. Current Food Safe certification (or willing to obtain)
12. Second language is an asset
BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply
Must have valid Vaccine Passport
Hours & Pay rate:
17 hours per week
Rate of pay $20.98/ per hour
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!