National Distribution & Recycling Specialist
Salvation Army Thrift Store - National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The National Distribution & Recycling Specialist, is responsible for providing supervision, monitoring and engagement with the Distribution and Recycling Centre (DRC) operations and the coordination of logistics across all DRCs in Canada. This role participates in the development of planned performance improvement initiatives and projects. Supports the National Distribution Manager’s focus on more targeted areas within Distribution and Recycling Centre operations as well as executive issues and responsibilities. Provides back–up to ensure proper coverage of Distribution and Recycling Centre operations when the National Distribution Director is unavailable.
• Creation and delivery of training in new or updated policies, processes, and procedures for DRC managers and employees;
• Engage with and solicit feedback from DRC managers and employees on current policies, processes, and procedures to determine improvements;
• Supervise and monitor the coordination of logistics and distribution for the Distribution and Recycling Centers across Canada;
• Develop and improve current tracking models to ensure robust information capture, make recommendations on changes or additions to tracking sheets for all DRCs across Canada;
• Participate in the development of planned performance improvements and projects;
• Create invoices and track payments for external buyers across Canada and centralize proforma invoicing;
• Track shipments and invoice payment for the DRCs and provide requisite follow up communications;
• Track payments from vendors and process external payments;
• Update and maintain the national DRC Vehicle Inventory;
• Donation bin location tracking and updating across Canada and ensuring that partnership agreements are adhered to.
• Ensure up to date and accurate information entry for all tracking sheets.
Our ideal Candidate:
• Has completed a post-secondary/college diploma in Logistics, Recycling, or Distribution (Warehouse) management or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Three or more years of experience in Distribution, Recycling, and/or Logistics Management;
• Experience working with accounting or expense management systems (TEM);
• Exceptional abilities with the MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
• Experience with using MS Teams and PowerPoint would be an asset;
• Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality with professional ethics and a balanced sense of fairness and flexibility;
• Demonstrated excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
• Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail;
• Enhanced project coordination skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities. Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities as required;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment to meet tight deadlines;
• Positive, enthusiastic, solution-focused and will take initiative;
• Must be resident in and eligible to work in Canada.
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities. We offer competitive compensation in addition to staff discounts, a comprehensive benefit package, RRSP, vacation, sick time, comprehensive benefits package, opportunity to learn new skills, and job advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!