Are you passionate about working with children and families? Do you enjoy working as part of a team in a thriving and inclusive environment? Are creativity, flexibility, facilitating and building connections for families some of your strengths?
This is an opportunity for you!
Who We Are
Caledon Parent-Child Centre (CPCC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides high-quality programs for children, parents and caregivers in Caledon and the surrounding areas. The Centre is a hub, offering an important blend of services that strengthen families and assist them in the critical role of raising young children. Services include child development and early learning opportunities, early identification of developmental concerns, referrals to specialized services and supports, and parenting education.
Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Family Support Facilitator is responsible for the planning and delivery of developmentally appropriate programs that meet the needs of parents/caregivers and children from birth to 6 years while providing emotional support, resources, information, and referrals to enhance the quality of care they provide.
Areas of Responsibility In this growing organization, you will perform the following tasks:
• Provide families/caregivers emotional support, resources, information and referrals to enable them to enhance the quality of care they provide
• Plan and facilitate early learning programs that reflect best practice curriculum guided by the ELECT, How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, and the Principles of Family Support
• Deliver inclusive programs and services as they relate to adult education and support groups
• Support with accessing employment, education/training resources, food security, housing and childcare
• Create welcoming environment that encourages participant engagement
• Ensure facilities and resources are maintained with a high level of cleanliness, by replenishing supplies, sanitizing/washing equipment and toys, cleaning furniture and floor surfaces. Comply with Public Health and Safety Protocols.
• Complete administrative tasks as required
• Participate in community events, outreach activities and fundraising initiatives
Skills & Qualifications
• Registered Early Childhood Educator, Family Support Certificate, Diploma or equivalent in Social Work; Child and Youth Studies; Nursing; or relevant experience in the field
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with children birth to 6 years of age and families, with an emphasis on parent education, training, and group dynamics
• Experience in developing and implementing emergent programs based on How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven ability to work with children with special needs and their families
• Excellent English verbal, written and presentation skills
• Additional languages an asset
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Able to work flexible hours including evening and weekend shifts
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and travel to our rural mobile sites as needed
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable vehicle is required
• Successful completion of Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening)
• Current First Aid and CPR-C certification is required
If you are interested in making a meaningful contribution at CPCC, forward a cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, June 6, 2022. For more information visit: http://www.cp-cc.org
Caledon Parent-Child Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for positions posted. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve and foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Caledon Parent-Child Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please advise if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!