The Position: This is a Canada Summer Jobs Contract Position
Anticipated Start Date: July 4, 2022
Hours/Duration: 30 hours/week (9 weeks)
Who We Are Caledon Parent-Child Centre (CPCC) is a non-profit, charitable organization serving Caledon and surrounding areas. We provide a safe space for families to access high-quality programs and services for themselves and their children. We are an inclusive community hub, promoting positive outcomes for children, while connecting families to each other and community resources. We tailor our work to respond to community needs. We work to reduce the barriers to an exceptional childhood by supporting parents/caregivers and their capacity to parent. Our staff responds with empathy to common caregiving concerns, and promotes health and positive social, emotional and physical development of children.
The Early Childhood Assistant will work with the CPCC staff team to provide a nurturing, supportive environment and positive and engaging learning opportunities for children and parents/caregivers.
Areas of Responsibility
• Support and assist in planning and implementation of in person (indoor/outdoor) and/or virtual early learning activities and experiences for young children and their parents/caregivers (including adaptations to support accessibility and inclusivity).
• Assist parents/caregivers with supervision of children during all in person programs.
• Assist with support and education services and programs for parents/caregivers.
• Participate in the preparation and delivery of outreach programs, events and community celebrations.
• Assist in maintaining an up-to-date database of participants and lending materials.
• Research and develop strategies to enhance social and cultural inclusion.
• Assist in the sanitation of all program materials and environments in compliance with procedures mandated by the Region of Peel Public Health.
• Perform other administrative duties and special projects as required and assigned.
Note: Due to Covid-19 we may be working and providing programs both in person and virtually. CPCC follows the advice and requirements as set by Provincial and Peel Public Health directives.
Skills & Qualifications
• Applicants must be between 15 to 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Relevant education and knowledge in a field related to child development, family support, teaching or community development.
• Working knowledge and clear understanding of “How Does Learning Happen?” Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years and the Guiding Principles of Family Support.
• Some relevant experience working with young children 0 to 6 years of age required.
• Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
• Computer literate.
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
• Current First Aid and CPR-C certification an asset.
• Successful completion of Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening) is required.
• Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends).
• Able to lift approximately 25 pounds and travel to our rural mobile sites, as needed.
• Additional languages an asset.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and must fulfill all the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Qualified applicants can submit a cover letter and resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Monday, May 16, 2022.
Caledon Parent-Child Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for positions posted. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve and foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Efforts will be made to hire youth who self-identify as being part of the groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Caledon Parent-Child Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please advise if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!