Scheduled Hours: Must be available for a variety of shifts that include weekdays, evenings and weekends
Number of Positions: 2
Compensation: $23.30+ /Hour
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We take a personalized, trauma-informed approach to care in an environment of cultural respect and support.
The Family Support Worker will be available on a casual/on-call basis to support families, youth and children through challenges and/or provide safe, reliable transportation to supervised family visits, appointments, etc.
Must be prepared to travel and be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and on-call.
**Qualification requirements deem this to be Family Support Worker level 1.**
In Your Role You Will
• Accept work assignments on a prearranged and on-call basis
• Conduct family visits in the community
• Supervise child and family visits; observing and taking log notes on family interactions
• Use their own vehicle to transport clients to assigned locations (appointments, supervised visits, etc.)
• Understand Children’s Services, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and family dynamics.
• Knowledge of Indigenous culture is beneficial.
• Prepare accurate & timely reports/records of all drives, supervised visits, vehicle safety inspections, etc
• A detailed Family Support Worker I job description is available upon request
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 2+ years’ experience working with families.
• Student currently enrolled in a Diploma or Degree program in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, Early Childhood or related Social Sciences or Human Service
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, appropriate insurance and clear Drivers Abstract (free of DUI, distracted driving, multiple speeding tickets)
• Reliable vehicle with backseat for transporting children in care seat (supplied)
• Computer skills - required for emailing and document preparation, as all files are electronic
• First Aid/CPR and Suicide Intervention certificates or attend employer-provided training
What WJS Canada does
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the people you serve.
• Provide standard-setting service.
• Enhance and strengthen your community.
• Enjoy a challenging, safe, healthy and rewarding workplace.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Supports and programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
• A fair and equitable wage.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!