2SLGBTQIA+ folk in Burnaby. We are looking for an energetic and committed Event Coordinator to work with our committee to plan, produce and implement the 2022 live Burnaby Pride event.
In consultation with the Steering committee, plans the Burnaby Pride event, including:
• Recruits, screens, trains and assigns volunteers
• Books venues for the event
• Books vendors and resource booths for the event (including food trucks etc)
• Recruits, vets and books entertainment for events (including contracting and marketing information)
• Works with booked entertainment to assess production needs and ensure available for events appropriate equipment is present.
• Assists committee members with social media management
• Manages social media contests and distributes prizes
• Programs and runs 1-2 pre-pride events (workshops, talks, etc)
• Prepares and implements advertising and promotion of events. Works with volunteers to ensure distribution of promotional materials across the city
• Ensures that information booth is managed throughout the pride events.
• Assesses logistical needs and determines necessary supplies and equipment and ensures all is in place for events.
• Works with committee to facilitate sub-committees
• Sets-up and takes down event supplies.
• Recruits financial and in-kind sponsors and prepares event and other recognition.
• Works within budget limits and manages invoices.
• Develops and implements an accessibility plan for the all events (including ASL, Mobility, etc).
• Works in cooperation with staff and volunteers to implement and evaluate events.
• Writes a final report outlining their work and recommendations for future Pride events.
• Experience with event management
• Meets Canada Jobs criteria – under 30
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Post-secondary education in event management or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication, writing, planning and problem solving skills.
• Passion for working with and celebrating the 2SLBGTQIA+ community
• Proven ability to incorporate equity, diversity and inclusion frameworks such as de-colonial practice, anti-oppression/anti-racism, intersectionality, and disability justice into all aspects of event coordination
• Proven ability to work effectively with a broad range of diverse community and public partners.
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace
• Proficient with computer programs, including Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), and virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom)
• Preference for member of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community
• Experience managing and supporting volunteers
• Experience managing budgets
• BIPOC and 2SLGBTQIA+ candidates are encouraged to apply
• Must have valid Vaccine Passport
• Position will include mentorship from City of Burnaby Festivals and Events staff and other agency partners
• Requires occasional evening and weekend work, including July 21-23rd
The Pride Coordinator position will be hosted by Burnaby Neighbourhood House and report to the Pride Working Group hiring sub-committee
Hours & Pay rate:
This is a fixed-term position
35 hours per week – May 6 – August 26
Rate of pay $24.04/per hour
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!