Position Title: Director of Services
Reports to: Executive Director
If you are a leader in the non-profit sector and want to accelerate your career growth, this is the job for you! This position will give you an opportunity to lead and excel in a growing mid-sized for-purpose, social impact organization that is known for its innovative services and collaborative working environment. At Impact North Shore, we strive for excellence in everything we do, we highly value equity and inclusion, and believe in innovative services that change the lives of our clients. This is a key position in the organization and it is ideal for a candidate who sees their future in non-profit leadership!
The Director of Services is a senior leader who leads multiple staff, projects and deliverables under our Immigrant Service Centre, which includes settlement, employment, English language learning, and Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS). This position is responsible for providing leadership to Impact North Shore’s direct services, supports the procurement of new services, and ensures the achievement of all funder contract deliverables and requirements.
- Leadership vision and a full set of non-profit management skills.
- People oriented, team focused leadership style.
- Strong values and ethics that align with best practices in client service.
- Strong passion for the role non-profits play in building strong communities and families.
- Leads and inspires staff to achieve service excellence and strengthens continual service delivery improvement through staff development planning, and coaching.
- Ensures service planning aligns with community needs, service evaluation, contract requirements and best practices.
- Develops and oversees contract management processes, including budget monitoring and report development.
- Assesses and builds service and related policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with the leadership team, oversees the development of proposals and innovative service approaches.
- Builds networks with stakeholders, including service partners, government agencies, and community planning tables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Engagement. Shows passion for the job and the mission of Impact North Shore. Engages people, organizations, and partners in developing goals, executing plans, and in delivering results.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Strategic Thinking. Has a vision for the future, builds plans, and makes decisions to get there. Aligns program policy and delivery with the strategic directions of Impact North Shore. Champions organizational change.
- Building the Organizational Team. Recognizes that the leader alone cannot get the job done; coaches staff and volunteers to meet the mission of Impact North Shore. Builds successful relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and partners.
- Results Focused. Action-oriented. Maximizes organizational effectiveness and sustainability. Aligns people, work, and systems to meet organizational objectives.
Must have a good working knowledge of:
- Settlement, family, and employment services
- LINC program
- Program development and implementation
- Funder requirements and outcome reporting
- Operational processes and requirements in areas such as HR, privacy, health and safety
- Experience working with a diverse staff team and knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, certificate, training or experience in services/contract management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role, and/or social services planning
- Knowledge and/or experience of the needs of immigrants and their families; and the issues and barriers facing newcomers
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships among multiple stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, ACCESS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Teams, and Zoom and the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, such as Moodle
Hours: 35 hours per week (work outside of regular hours will be required on as needed basis; reduced work week/flex time can be made available to support child, elder, or other care responsibilities)
Salary Range: Competitive salary - dependent on experience
Work Location: While this position is based at the organization’s North Vancouver office, there is the opportunity for the successful candidate to work remotely on a hybrid schedule.