Edmonton Meals on Wheels (EMOW) is looking for an experienced Talent Manager.
EMOW is a local non-profit agency that provides home-delivered meals, other food services and social connections to a diverse mix of people. We’re well known for exceptional food services and creative, innovative strategies that engage the community in various events, partnerships, and volunteer opportunities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this new Talent Manager role is Edmonton Meals on Wheels’ leader for all people-related facets of the organization. Key responsibilities include championing all components of the employee lifecycle from developing position descriptions and recruiting for vacant roles to championing the onboarding process and team training initiatives. This individual will display positivity and flexibility as they undertake strategies and initiatives to optimize the employee experience.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Efficiently leads recruitment, selection, and onboarding activities
- Provides guidance and coaching to managers on employee relations
- Is accountable for day-to-day talent initiatives including performance management, compensation & training/development
- Prepares all employee documentation for new and existing staff
- Leads onboarding for all new staff; develops standards and plays a key role in volunteer onboarding
- Possesses an innovative approach to attracting and retaining talent; ensures alignment to recruitment best practices
- Ensures all HR policies and procedures are accurate, up to date, & aligned with legislation
- Professionally represents the organization at internal & external events
- Develops strategies to enhance employee engagement
- Drives the planning of staff-focused events & recognition
- Oversees all aspects of payroll, benefits & occupational health and safety
- Leads talent-focused projects
- Other projects/duties as required
- Degree or diploma (certificate) in Human Resources or Administration. Minimum of 3 years of related experience. Equivalencies may be considered. Previous not-for profit experience is considered an asset.
- Strong leadership skills and a focus on developing talent and promoting a culture of service excellence through collaboration
- A high degree of accuracy with a strong attention to detail
- Must possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Understands the role as it relates to a client-focused environment
- Effectively prioritizes tasks under tight timelines. Handles sensitive situations with discretion
- Quick learner committed to continuous learning & improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with highly developed written & verbal communication skills
- A team player who displays a willingness to support client-focused tasks as required
- A self-starter with professional integrity
- Flexible – willing to adapt and change to improve processes & team experiences
- Capable of designing, organizing & leading engaging training sessions
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products – specifically Outlook, Word, & Excel
- A clean vulnerable sector check
- Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Full time, a flexible (reduced work hours) may be considered, if preferred by candidate.