POSITION TITLE: Case Manager / Employment Counsellor
Under the direction of the ES Supervisor, the primary responsibility of this role includes providing assisted services to respond to the employment needs of individuals who are facing barriers to employment including individuals with diverse backgrounds and disabilities. This high-response, people centred position will assist unemployed individuals to develop individualized employment plans and to provide them with 1:1 support to ensure that they receive the services, supports and resources they need to achieve their employment goal. The Case Manager will provide intake, referral and client assessment services, individualized employment service planning, monitoring, and case management. They will assist program participants by clarifying career goals, teaching effective job search techniques, identifying potential employment opportunities, assisting with the completion of applications for upgrading, training and education. In this role the Case Manager will participate as the lead of a multidisciplinary team to coordinate job coaching, employer liaison and training supports based on the service needs determination process of the agency. They will excel at coordinating client activities among their team and following up on milestones achieved by clients. They will prepare and conduct group presentations and workshops as needed. They will also help clients access other services they may want or need, including those of community partners, as necessary.
They will excel at motivational theories and will be instrumental in the successful case management of clients to achieve program outcomes. The Case Manager will work collaboratively with the employment support team to develop and maintain current documentation and active file management that achieves the highest standards in employment practices and documentation. They will be responsible for the overall tracking and maintenance of the client's progress and will contribute to reporting milestones of their achievements. An important part of this role will be to work with ES team members to support the client directly with a strong focus on continuous individual development towards obtaining and retaining employment.
Primary Functions of this position include:
- Conduct intakes of potential clients to determine a eligibility, needs and suitability and which service components would be the most effective in assisting individuals to achieve their employment goals
- Assist clients to develop individual Employment Service Plans updating and revising as needed
- Provide employment counselling to assist with career direction, job search and job maintenance, support coordination
- Provide coordinated and integrated supported access to other services in the community that support’s the client’s goals.
- Develop time-specific Employment Service Plans that note clear achievable goals; build on or match skills, interests and needs identified by employers or in relation to labour market information; identify steps to reach the goals and methods for monitoring progress; show evidence of individual ownership and are updated as steps are accomplished, skills or knowledge acquired.
- Assess client eligibility and suitability for training programs, and other related interventions using eligibility/suitability model and recommending where appropriate recommending activities, programs and services that are needed.
- Assess client needs and coordinate job development, coaching and community supports in collaboration with the individual
- Remaining current with the City of Kawartha Lakes labour market trends
- Ensure client information is documented, updated and tracked within expected timeframes
- Conduct client follow ups within expected timeframes
- Attend and conduct team meetings for case management and planning
- Adhere to personnel policies as set out in the VCCS Policies and Procedures Manual
- Develop and provide workshops as needed
- Ensure all activities are carried out within the expectations outlined in our Customer Service Charter
- Ensure that client electronic files and documentation meet expected standards
- Monitor client interventions, document outcomes and follow up on key milestones in a proactive manner
- Achieving program statistical goals and targets
- Undertake other tasks as assigned
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in the Social Sciences with preference to graduates of an employment counselling program
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the ability to use a variety of computer
- 2 years of work, volunteer and or related experience in employment counselling role working with diverse client groups
- Advanced verbal and written proficiency in English (French is an asset)
- Experience working with individuals with a diverse scope of disabilities and barriers to employment
- Must have a valid license and insurance
- Must have a current and clear vulnerable sector check completed
- Occasional travel off-site to attend appointments, training or professional development opportunities
- A neat and tidy personal appearance is required; casual business attire
- 35 hours per week as determined by organization with occasional overtime in the early mornings or after work (where necessary)
- Use of office equipment required: telephone, photocopier, computer, software specific to program