Location/Lieu: 920 Commissioners Road East, London, ON N5Z 3J1
Position/Poste: Administrative Assistant – Maternity Leave Contract
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support for the Employment Services (ES) department including but not limited to:
- Supporting ES meetings which includes serving as the recording secretary.
- Maintaining ES documentation including updates to the Operations Manual.
- Creating and/or drafting memoranda, correspondence, reports, agreements, presentations, forms and other documents using Microsoft Office and Adobe software products; proofreading and checking for accuracy, completeness and compliance with organizational standards, policies and procedures; ensuring reports and documents for signature are accurate and complete.
- Establishing, organizing and maintaining confidential office filing systems and document management databases.
- Performing a wide variety of administrative duties to support the ES Department including but not limited to: responding to internal and external requests for information; reviewing and sorting incoming mail; assisting in the preparation and distribution of departmental reports; processing capital / regular requisitions and purchase orders; helping budget and forecast data entry; scheduling meetings or conference calls; booking travel arrangements; conducting research and assembling / summarizing information for special projects and reports.
- Providing HR administrative support including the processing and administering for new and/or departing employees; tracking time and attendance for the department.
- Performing special project assignments as directed; assisting and providing backup to other administrative staff in the organization.
- A degree or diploma in a related field
- Minimum 1 year of related administrative support experience in a high-volume, large company environment
- French language, verbal and written would be an asset
- Experience establishing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive material with the utmost professionalism
- Self-motivated, a team player, skilled at multi-tasking and independently managing and prioritizing multiple projects with limited guidance and ambiguity
- Flexibility, ability to operate effectively and with composure under pressure and within time constraints
- Skilled in executive-level verbal and written correspondence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Navision and CRM
- Proven experience creating and managing complex spreadsheets and templates
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) : May 29, 2022
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Laura Knoll
Position: Team Leader
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 920 Commissioners Road E, London, ON N5Z 3J1
Telephone: (519) 642-3999 Ext. 5297
Fax: (519) 642-7665
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.