Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: MF0222- St. Albert Mentoring Facilitator
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Temporary Full-Time contract (37.5 hours per week)
Salary Range: $ 43,485-$ 49,199 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Providing a variety of levels of assessment for children, youth and their families to determine best program fit varying from a telephone pre-screen questionnaire to home visits.
- Delivering messages and training to children, youth and their families about program expectations, guidelines and safety.
- Supporting children and youth who are in process or waiting to be involved in a program through monthly activities, group opportunities and additional resources.
- Providing support and monitoring to mentoring matches to ensure that children and youth are in safe, constructive, satisfying relationships that are having a positive impact.
- Fulfilling the one to one program standards and expectations from Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada and the agency to support matches.
- Working to create and foster constructive, strength based and satisfying relationships between children, youth and volunteers.
- Working as a team to communicate the needs of children, youth and families who are accessing programs.
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic casework notes, statistics and other required reporting in compliance with relevant standards, policies and processes.
- Building relationships with other service providers and resources to further assist the children, youth families and volunteers they support.
- Following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the agency in order to safely offer the programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in the areas of child and youth care, volunteer management, and/or social work.
- A minimum of 3 years combined experience in a role involved with child and youth programming, case management, volunteer management and partnership development.
- The ability to work effectively with children and youth and have a solid understanding of child and youth issues.
- Experience working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer processes.
- Knowledge about child and youth based service in the St. Albert community is an asset.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to exercise good judgement and sound decision making.
- Ability to work 2-3 evenings per week.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Proof of vaccination is a requirement for employment
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.