Date Posted: May 5, 2022
Application Deadline: May 19, 2022
Job Type: Full-time, Salary
Schedule: Days, Evenings and Weekends
Salary Range: $45,700 – 49,400
Posting ID: 572-WSCC
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next We Shine Crew Coordinator? Reporting to the Goodwill Work Manager, we are looking for an enthusiastic, service-driven individual to work with the We Shine Crew to provide training and coaching for individuals with disabilities whose goal is to become as independent as possible in their work within the community. The Coordinator will support individuals so they can progress and learn how to perform their jobs safely, accurately, efficiently and successfully. The Coordinator will also oversee the administrative operations of the We Shine Crew and work towards continual growth and
improvement of the program.
What you’ll be doing:
• Assisting individuals in the orientation to employers’ procedures, products, services, standards,
• Reviewing team task lists to identify areas of improvement and required accommodations.
• Developing strategies and task lists to support the diverse needs of our team members with
• Breaking job duties and assignments into specific steps to facilitate the individuals learning and
independence, ensuring quality of completed tasks.
• Establish and refine documented standard operating procedures and policies for We Shine
• Payroll administration for 8 to 12 We Shine Crew hourly team members
• Coaching and performing team member check-ins for We Shine Crew team members.
• Facilitating communication between crew members, clients, Goodwill@Work Manager and
Career Connections team.
• Scheduling We Shine Crew team members and organizing coverage when team members are
unable to complete their scheduled shifts.
• Inventory management and assisting with communication regard ordering needs.
• Completing Efforts to Outcome (ETO) notes as required for all team members.
• Assists the Goodwill@WORK Manager and VP, Mission Impact in developing and growing the
• Covering Career Connections coaching shifts on an as needed basis.
What you bring to the table:
• A Rehabilitation diploma or equivalent education in the human services field.
• More than 1-year experience in the field of employment supports, working with individuals with
disabilities and/or barriers, or working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
• A valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license and a clean driving record.
• A demonstrated ability to teach effectively using various instructional methods.
• The ability to be on your feet and active with the team on an ongoing basis.
• The ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication and
• The ability to work with little or no supervision
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an inclusive, social enterprise that values diversity.
• You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
• You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s
mission & core purpose.
• You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
• You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
• You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
• You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their
contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
• You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not
limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
• You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how
they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to by May 19, 2022 with Posting
ID: 572-EC, First Name and Last Name in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest
wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!