Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Responsible for all recruitment related activities and policies across organization, supporting hiring managers while ensuring best practices. Monitors recruitment processes, tools and materials for effectiveness and suggests process improvements. Works closely with people leaders across the organization, supporting all recruitment activities.
- Responsible for the recruitment process from start to finish;
- Coordinates job posting and new hire requests, and approval processes:
- Coordinates and maintains online job postings on company website, external job boards and social media platforms;
- Oversees selection activities including reviewing all job applications and generating a shortlist of qualified applicants for hiring manager’s review, conducting pre-screen interviews with selected applicants, and conducting reference checks;
- Works closely with hiring managers and HR Advisors, maintains a strong understanding of business needs to identify appropriate recruitment activities and to aid in selection of candidates;
- Advises hiring managers on recruitment strategies and best practices; monitors effectiveness of recruitment tools;
- Develops recruitment forecasts and strategies for client groups, in partnership with HR Advisors, based on annual department objectives and resource requirements;
- Trains new hiring managers in recruitment processes and use of Applicant Tracking System;
- Standardizes and monitors recruitment and selection processes, ensuring consistent process across the organization; identifies opportunities for efficiencies and process improvements;
- Proposes solutions to source talent through recruitment campaigns and initiatives;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports recruitment metrics including vacancies, recruitment timelines and others; uses data to improve recruitment process and activities;
- Supports hiring activities, including supporting Compensation & Benefits Specialist in finalizing new employee contracts and offers, conducting follow-up and liaising with new hires and hiring managers;
- Supports new staff onboarding process and participates in quarterly orientation sessions in collaboration with HR team;
- Develops and maintains recruitment forms and materials including interview guides;
- Conducts outreach and utilizes recruitment methods designed to reach a diverse candidate pool with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Identifies outreach/networking opportunities and represents YWCA Hamilton at events including in-person and virtual job fairs;
- Researches funded work programs; supports applications, recruitment activities and reporting;
- Maintains awareness of relevant legislation and ensures legislative compliance;
- Maintains appropriate record-keeping in accordance with YWCA Hamilton’s policies and procedures, and confidentiality/privacy policies;
- Maintains high level of confidentiality when working with sensitive employee and contract information;
- Identifies and evaluates risks associated with recruitment practices, and works with hiring managers to take appropriate action to control risks;
- Works safely, reports all workplace hazards and follows all YWCA Hamilton Health and Safety policies and procedures;
- Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships;
- Understands and incorporates emerging trends, leading practices, industry professional standards;
- Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
- Performs other duties as required;
- Works a standard 37.5- hour work week;
- Completion of post-secondary education in Human Resources, social services or business, or equivalent;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in high volume recruitment;
- Experience using HRMS system and/or Applicant Tracking System required;
- Experience leading full-cycle recruitment process;
- Completion of Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing schedules and priorities;
- Exceptional relationship-building and client service skills;
- Must have skills using MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Experience using recruitment tools including social media;
- Knowledge of key HR related legislation, policies, procedures and industry trends is an asset;
- Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
- Ability to lead with a feminist, anti-racist / anti-oppressive perspective for day to day work and strategic planning;
- Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset.
YWork for us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
- On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
- Staff fitness, childcare and recreation discounts
- Opportunities to get involved in our community
- A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter to: https://easyapply.co/a/8f2396f3-c9e0-4ed1-9e08-8442df801fc2
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton.
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are women, First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, LGBTQ2S+; individuals with disAbilities; and individuals from racialized communities or other marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: All applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.