Indus Community Services is an accredited, not-for-profit community benefit organization that has served local communities for over three decades. We are a registered charity, supported by our donors and by all three levels of government. Through our professional staff, we are a leader in the provision of culturally responsive services to newcomers, families, women & seniors.
Vision: To be leaders in building strong and inclusive communities.
Mission: We are a community benefit organization focused on building resilient and healthy communities by offering person-centered, anti-oppressive programs and services.
The Human Resources Specialist will support the administration, delivery and deployment of HR programs, processes and initiatives across the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties: (but not limited to)
* Manage full-cycle recruitment, including creating and posting employment opportunities to attract diverse and qualified talent, with a focus on Health Promotions programs and similar programs.
* Coordinate and lead the new hire orientation to ensure an outstanding onboarding experience.
* Support the on-boarding and off-boarding processes, training and employee relations programs.
* Coordinate the intake, orientation and documentation of volunteer and student placements and summer students within all programs.
* Support policy/procedure management and compliance including administration, consistent application, process improvement, benchmarking, enhancements, modifications, and development & implementation as well as maintain compliance with all applicable employment and health & safety related legislations.
* Maintain up to date and accurate HR records and documentation, filing/tracking systems, electronic/HRIS files and data updates, employee files, ensuring compliance with legal requirements, accreditation standards and the organization’s policies and procedures.
* Support the execution of employee engagement initiatives including employee surveys and action planning, recruitment & Professional Development days.
* Respond to external HR-related inquiries and employee inquiries regarding HR and Health & Safety policies, procedures and relevant documentation.
* A member of the JHSC; support the JHSC representatives with their duties and responsibilities, support the delivery of regular health & safety communications and training initiatives and follow up on corrective actions identified, hazards reported etc. and ensure required documentation is received and tracked.
* Participate on the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committee and assist with the development of regular DEI training initiatives.
* Assist with the collection of statistical data, preparation of meeting materials, document meeting minutes as needed.
* Provide general reporting and support data requests to enable better decision making, conduct problem analysis and recommend people solutions.
* Assist with various HR initiatives and special projects as assigned.
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a legal and ethical manner and in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
* Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all employee related information.
* Perform other related duties from time to time as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
* Post-secondary diploma or degree program in Human Resources; CHRP designation required, with a minimum 3 - 4 years of progressive HR experience.
* Strong knowledge of relevant laws and regulations: labour, workplace health and safety, human rights, and employment standards.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and a service orientation.
* Be both strategic and hands on, action oriented with a sense of urgency; ability to work in an agile, high growth, fast-paced environment requiring agility to meet changes to business needs.
* Ability to influence, relationship-builder, creative problem solver, innovative, collaborative and highly organized.
* Strong project management skills to lead or participate on strategic initiatives/projects.
* Demonstrated professionalism, business ethics, transparency, discretion and a passion for excellence.
* Ability to work in a team environment, while at the same time being a self-starter, always seeking opportunities to contribute to positive outcomes for departmental and organizational goals/objectives.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HRIS systems and reporting tools; experience with ADP WorkForce Now an asset.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and to work from any one of Indus’s sites.
* Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation is required.
* Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment.
* It is a condition of employment that employees provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start date of employment. Applicants who have appropriate written proof of a medical reason, or a reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 may provide such documentation to the Human Resources department. Such situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis in compliance with Indus' legal obligations.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!