Reporting to the Executive Director Oversight Committee, the part time Interim Executive Director (ED) will have responsibility for Next Chapter Society’s program coordination and delivery, marketing, and fundraising activities to execute its mission. They will develop deep knowledge of the field of family separation, core programs, marketing activities and fund development.
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services including facilitation and program delivery
- Represent the organization at community activities
- Provide ongoing support and information to parents, professionals, and educators
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with our program partners and stakeholders and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the mission
Finances, Fundraising & Marketing
- Oversee the development of fundraising initiatives including grant writing
- Develop and execute marketing and other communication strategies
- Serve as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization. In conjunction with the Finance and Audit Committee, to submit to the Board a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflects the financial condition of the organization.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors via the Executive Director Oversight Committee to seek their involvement fundraising, marketing activities and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
Leadership & Management
- Actively engage and energize Next Chapter Society’s volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations and funders.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Executive Director Oversight Committee and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of the non-profit sector
- Business skills and experience
- Marketing and fundraising experience
- Facilitation experience
- University degree in a social science, or other degree with experience working in a social field preferred
- Learning agility and personal alignment to the work
- Outstanding people and communications skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Flexibility in working hours (will require 2 or 3 evenings/month, and occasional weekend work)
- Interest in part-time (20 hours per week), temporary (ending July 2023) contract.