The Volunteer Program Coordinator and Programming Assistant will develop and expand out volunteer program by engaging a diverse community of volunteers that supports the Massey Theatre and Eighth & Eight. This position will also support ongoing events and programs in the facility.
- Recruit and engage a diverse community of volunteers
- Create a training manual and provide training for volunteers
- Manage volunteer schedules
- Communicate with volunteers, teachers, arts, and staff
- Keep and manage records of volunteer’s qualifications, skills, information, and work completed
- Create evaluation forms and provide constructive feedback to volunteers
- Assist programming department in implementing performing arts programs and community programming, registration system setup and use, statistics and reporting
- Attend events and liaise with artists, teachers, staff, and community members to provide information and assistance on programs
- Monitor attendance and participation in programs
- This position typically operates in an office environment, as well as overseeing work taking place in the theatre, studio spaces and other external locations
- Hours of work: On average, 37.5 hours per week
- Duration – 16 weeks Canada Summer Jobs with potential for ongoing future employment
- Evening and weekend work maybe required. An averaging agreement will be put in place.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience in the arts, not-for profit of entertainment industry.
- Comfortable working in collaborative environments
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion and commitment to the performing arts and their value to society
- Knowledgeable and able to work confidently in Microsoft Office suite / Office 365