The Gallery Programming Assistant will be a creative & administrative role that supports the Plaskett Art Gallery of the Massey Theatre and Eighth & Eight.
- Assist department in curating and planning new exhibitions, registration system setup and use, statistics and reporting
- Assist with special events including opening receptions
- Assist with installation of new work
- Engagement with artists
- Conduct gallery tours and engage with gallery visitors
- Develop and facilitate outreach opportunities, research and planning
- Monitor gallery attendance and participation in outreach programs
- This position typically operates in an office environment, as well as overseeing work taking place in the art gallery.
- Hours of work: On average, 37.5 hours per week
- Evening and weekend work may be required to facilitate programming. An averaging agreement will be put in place.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Minimum two years post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience in the arts, not-for profit of entertainment industry.
- Comfortable working in collaborative environments
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Outgoing with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion and commitment to the performing arts and their value to society
- Knowledgeable and able to work confidently in Microsoft Office suite / Office 365
- Previous art gallery experience is a bonus but not required
- Hours – 37. 5 hours per week on averaging agreement
- Duration – 16 weeks Canada Summer Jobs with potential for ongoing future employment
- Benefits – Extended Health, Dental, LTD, Life Insurance, Matching 3% RRSP contribution