Summer Day Camp Volunteer Leader
Temporary Full-time Position
37.5 hours per week
Organization Parkgate Society is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization providing programs and services to the Seymour and Deep Cove community. With a vision of a vibrant, connected community, Parkgate Society creates opportunities for people in our community to live life better. We support this vision through the development of a unique and diverse blend of accessible low-cost and no-cost programs and services, created in direct response to community needs; primarily serving children, youth, families, and seniors. We continually strive to find new opportunities to help us enhance or increase our community programs, community involvement, and community engagement.
Parkgate Society is pleased to offer an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Summer Day Camp Volunteer Leader to lead a team of volunteers from June 27 to September 2, 2022, for our Summer Day Camps at Parkgate Community Centre. We provide high quality, well-respected day camp experiences for children aged 5-12 years of age.
• Must be available to work 37.5-40 hours per week, Mon–Fri for all 10 weeks between June 27 - September 2, 2022
• Must be available for a 7-hour paid training and orientation session on June 25, 2022.
• Participate in the training and orientation of volunteers for summer camps
• Provide supervision and support to volunteers
• Be able to communicate positively and professionally with coworkers, volunteers, and families
• Communicate with Camp Leaders to obtain feedback on volunteer performance and communicate this feedback to the volunteers
• Mentor volunteers to improve their skills and abilities
• Schedule volunteers, making changes and adjustments as needed
• Be prepared to assist in day camps as required and engage with children in an enthusiastic and friendly manner
Job Skills and Qualifications:
• A School Age Care Certificate, or completion of the Responsible Adult course, or completion of a minimum of 20 hours of training related to child development, guiding children’s behaviour and/or health, safety and nutrition
• Prior experience as a volunteer
• Excellent communication skills
• Administrative and organization skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Previous experience in a day camp program or licensed school age program preferred
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with children and high school students
• A criminal record check required
• Must be at least 19 years old
HRSDC Canada Summer Jobs Grant:
This position is partially funded through the HRSDC Canada Summer Jobs Grant. In compliance with HRSDC Summer Jobs Grant guidelines, applicants must be under 30 years old.
$19.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Please forward your resume and cover letter by email with the heading, Summer Day Volunteer Camp Leader, to by May 17, 2022.
We thank all applicants however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Parkgate Society.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!