REGISTERED SOCIAL WORKER
Black Creek Community Health Centre (BCCHC) is a community based non-profit organization that provides primary health care and health promotion programs and services to community residents.
The Social Worker, an integral part of a busy, dynamic and growing healthcare services at Black Creek Community Health Centre. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Social Worker will be required to liaise with internal and external stakeholders in the provision of counselling services to clients. Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Client Services, the Social Worker will be responsible for offering individual and group counselling to individuals, couples and families. The Social Worker will work from multiple locations and working on Saturday is a requirement of this position.
· Complete comprehensive assessment, considering the multiple layers and interacting mental health issues, needs, and disorders, concurrent substance use issues, and medical conditions
· Conduct risk assessments and develop safety plans
· Utilize commitment strategies to obtain commitment to therapeutic engagement, while assessing client readiness and stage of change
· Complete treatment plan as a foundation for treatment, with input from collateral sources and multidisciplinary team
· Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in clients' status
· Provide interventions, with clinical outcomes to be achieved through application of evidenced-based practices with ongoing monitoring
· Utilize strength based approach to focus on the client’s potential for developing/sustaining pro-social, self-regulation of mental health symptoms and related behaviours
· Recent experience supporting individuals who have significant mental health, addiction issues, history of trauma, violence/abuse, behaviours, and chronic health issues
· Excellent clinical assessment, formulation and treatment planning skills is essential
· Fluency in English and one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Vietnamese – is required
· Training and/or experience in a variety of theoretical models with experience incorporating multicultural, anti-oppressive and trauma-informed practices, and an understanding of the social determinants of health
· Relevant clinical coaching experience is an asset
· Demonstrated ability in clinical case management, service planning and implementation
· Demonstrated ability working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team or a team member in collaboration with other community professionals
· Effective group facilitation skills
· Proven ability to minimize barriers through service delivery for low income individuals with mental health and substance use issues
· Excellent interpersonal, decision making and organizational skills required
· Able work independently as well as work in a team environment
· Computer competency and experience working with Electronic Medical Records – PSS is an asset
Reports to Manager, Integrated Client Services
Deadline for applications: May 26, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
‘‘Black Creek Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected grounds will be considered.”
Accommodations will be provided for candidates with disabilities, where needed and on request, to support their participation in all aspects of the recruitment process.
Please note that only selected applicants would be contacted.
Thank you for applying.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!