- Through empathetic care and with a non-judgemental approach conducts initial intake assessments (including evaluation of client/family and financials), determining immediate and ongoing needs and supports in accordance with policy
- Provides emergency assistance services (i.e. food, clothing, etc.) in accordance with policy
- Provides ongoing support to clients and families as needed
- Through exercising empathetic care, assists individuals to determine an appropriate and mutually agreed upon goal process; facilitates effective problem-solving behaviours of the client/family
- Encourages clients/families to participate in programs and services offered by our Community Ministries as well as our Church
- Maintains confidentiality and keeps accurate client files and statistical records in the Link2Feed database
- Assists in the organization, maintenance, general cleanliness, and COVID protocols of the Community Ministries Office and The Salvation Army building.
- Receives (and/or declines) and sorts/organizes non-monetary donations
- May help conduct programs for clients/families, as appropriate
- Helps with the coordination and organization of a Back-to-School program as well as our Brave event
- May be responsible for cash management
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with MS Office programs, Database inputting and general office equipment
- Donation pick ups
- Emergency Disaster Services Support
- Drives large vehicle (EDS -Food Truck) to various locations around the city.
- Cleans and sanitizes the vehicle after taking it out to meet requirements.
- Performs other duties as required
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
- Minimum 6 months related experience working with children, families, and vulnerable population.
- Current FOODSAFE LEVEL 1
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Valid Drivers License
- Physically able to lift up to 50 lbs - the job requires loading/unloading the CRU (Food truck), loading/unloading/sorting donated goods, etc.
- Assets – Nonviolent Crisis Intervention, Effective communication 101, WHMIS
Full time 35 hours a week for 8 weeks July 4th 2022 – August 26th 2022