NOTICE: JOB POSTING #0301
POSITION: Outreach Worker - HIV Program (Grid 34) 1 Temporary Full Time – Al Mitchell Place, Vancouver (Position is temporary until incumbent returns)
SALARY: $26.42 Per Hour (as per the Collective Agreement)
HOURS AND DAYS OF WORK:
· Monday through Friday
· Shift times will be 09:30 to 17:30 hours
· Shifts are 7.25 hours in length
· Days of rest shall be consecutive. Schedule may change with two weeks’ notice
· Probationary/ qualifying period will be 488 hours with mid and end point reviews
The Outreach Worker reports to the Designated Manager and works in accordance with the mission and philosophy of Lookout Emergency Aid Society including following Lookout’s Code of Ethics. Outreach workers provide a variety of support, direction, assistance and advocacy services to clients including, but not limited to, those facing challenges with stable housing, addictions, mental health, HIV etc. The Outreach Worker provides support and advocacy for treatment and follow up services for those who do not adequately utilize needed services.
JOB DUTIES (In Brief):
· Provide housing assistance, support and skill training to adults who may be facing multiple barriers
· Will work on securing and maintaining stable, independent living situations where possible
· Will build solid working relationships with landlords and house managers to increase available housing
· Will discuss, isolate and assess issues and develop a flexible plan of action
· Will ensure basic needs of clients are met and network, as needed, with community services
· Will provide crisis intervention as necessary, administer finances and medication or arrange coverage
· Complete required records and maintain statistical data
· Provide assistance for new staff, volunteers or students
· Will drive company vehicle at times
· Job duties are complex and may have a few disagreeable factors
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCE:
· Related Diploma or Certificate; or minimum Grade 12 education plus two (2) years of recent related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience and preferably a minimum of one (1) year case management experience
· Familiarity with community resources such as: addictions, mental health, income assistance, and harm reduction
· Must have current Occupational First Aid Level 1 Certificate
· Must have driver’s license and abstract
· Must have two doses of COVID 19 Vaccine
· Crisis Intervention Skills Training is an asset
· Ability to work independently or in a team setting
· Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload
· Excellent communication, writing, documentation, and organizational skills
· Ability to understand and maintain clientele/worker boundaries
· Ability to work with disadvantaged and challenging adults in a diverse environment
· Strong physical and mental ability to perform work tasks and operate job related equipment
· A minimum of two (2) years of sobriety if you have had concerns related to alcohol and/or drug use
· Criminal Record Clearance – Vulnerable Sector
Lookout Housing and Health Society is committed to empowering people from different races, gender, age, religion, identities and unique experiences. We welcome everyone from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to apply in order to foster an inclusive environment
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter and resume, and quote Job Posting # in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be accepted until May 19, 2022 at 5:00pm
“All employees, including laid off and displaced employees, are entitled to apply on the vacancy and be considered pursuant to the provisions of Article 12.9 (Selection Criteria).” Internal applicants must notify manager of intent to apply.
External applicants will be reviewed after Internal.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WELCOME TO APPLY. THOSE SHORT-LISTED WILL BE CONTACTED.
c. BCGEU, Shop Steward
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!