Job Title: Community Recreation Support
Location: The Summit, North Vancouver
Job Status: Contract (May 9rd to August 26th for 16 weeks)
Rate of Pay: $20.50 per hour
Union Position: No
Driver’s License Required: No
Hours of Work per Week: 35 hours/week
Monday to Friday 8:30-3:30 pm
Requirements of the Position
• You must meet the Canada Summer Jobs Criteria to be eligible and considered for this position.
Primary Job Goal
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Community Recreation Support will focus broadly on engaging and facilitating activities with social, recreational, and educational connections for adults with intellectual disabilities. The Community Recreation Support will also assist in the day-to-day responsibilities of online registration, film and video recording, developing social media content, and creating and editing content. The successful candidate will assist with client assessments to determine the suitability of programs for individuals, and maintain and develop sincere relationships with guardians or caregivers of participants through regular and respectful communication.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Leadership in designing, implementing and facilitating activities, programs, and hosting events.
• Advocate for inclusion and ensure successful participation of all members, including adapting and modifying activities, implementing positive behaviour supports, and providing alternate activities for small groups as necessary.
• Assess and determine the recreational interests and needs of program participants and potential participants.
• Ensure that the goals of the program and ConneXions are being met at all times.
• Facilitate, foster and encourage friendships and social opportunities/situations for participants, as well as teach and encourage the development and improvement of social skills and social behaviour.
• Support and act as a positive role model and model appropriate social behaviours to participants at all times.
• Provide families, caregivers, and residential staff with up to date information on the scheduled activities and events
• Report any significant/pertinent information regarding participants to families, the Program Manager and other team members.
• Complete required paperwork, documentation and record-keeping.
• Attend staff meetings and training as required
• Maintaining and upkeep of worksite.
• Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
North Shore ConneXions Society is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from Indigenous people, people with disabilities, BIPOC and racialized individuals, and others who may contribute to the Society's organizational diversity and who share the Society's values.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please email to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!