Sanare Centre and Medicine Hat Victim Assistance (VA) believe that together we can end sexual violence. We are looking for one remarkable Victim’s Navigation Specialist who is an innovative team player, shows initiative, is friendly, fun, creative, likes to get things done and knows when to relax. This is a full time term position through March 31, 2023 (36.25 hours per week) with a possibility of extension based on funding renewal.
- Case management including intake, assessment, service advocacy and community organization resource navigation.
- Mentoring volunteers to support individuals who have experienced sexual violence through the justice system process.
- Building relationships & working collaboratively with professionals from other disciplines.
- Strong developmental evaluation skills.
What we offer you:
- Ability to facilitate change through provision of enhanced services to clients
- Work-life balance
- A great team with on-going training
- Competitive wage of $25.00-$30.00 (based on education and experience)
- Health spending account
- Three weeks of vacation per year
Qualifications you need:
- Must pass Medicine Hat Police Service Security Screening (Level 4)
- Minimum education of a degree in a human services discipline with two year of related work experience. Registration with a regulating body is an asset
- Excellent and proven servant leadership, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the provision of gender-based violence services, criminal justice service, mentorship, community development and case-management
- Talented in prioritizing and managing multiple work tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software and ability to work with client management databases and computers
If you are dynamic, results orientated and love working in an innovative, ever changing environment this may be the right opportunity for you.