About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada has been fuelling the entrepreneurial passions of enterprising young Canadians since 1996. We’re the only national, non-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship and resources to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. More than 15,000 young Canadian entrepreneurs, spanning every province and territory, have successfully launched their business with Futurpreneur’s support. Their main street businesses help drive Canada’s inclusive economic prosperity in communities from coast to coast to coast.
Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
OUR PURPOSE (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fostering the success of young entrepreneurs.
OUR MISSION (what we do every day to fulfil our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help diverse, aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic development, in their communities and for Canada.
OUR VALUES (how we work – our core principles and commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity: Marketing Specialist, Indigenous Entrepreneurs
Serving as a business partner to the Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program (IESP) team, the Marketing Specialist meets the needs of Futurpreneur Canada’s strategic goals and priorities related to increased brand awareness, pipeline building and program delivery. This role will support the development and implementation of marketing and communications plans to recruit and engage entrepreneurs, mentors and partners for the IESP as well as Futurpreneur core offerings.
This is a permanent, full-time position that can be located anywhere in Canada. The incumbent will be working remotely (due to COVID) in the first instance and will then be located at one of our offices, working within our hybrid work model (from June 2022).
What you will do:
Marketing Initiatives for Futurpreneur and Partners
- Champion IESP marketing initiatives, collaborating with the Director, Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program and Marketing Manager to lead and support marketing campaigns tailored for indigenous entrepreneurs
- Meet regularly with the IESP team to ensure campaigns align on a regional and national level
- Support Futurpreneur Canada partner-funded projects and strategic partnerships where there is a IESP marketing function, for example: supporting project timelines, budgets, and funder deliverables
- Develop tailored communication plans and identify new market segments and opportunities for the IESP
- Proactively collaborate with the IESP and Marketing teams to develop and implement tailored national and regional integrated marketing campaigns/plans to engage mentors, entrepreneurs and partners, leveraging appropriate marketing channels
- Coordinate proper ROI tracking for each initiative, striving to support continuous improvement in the assessment of investments against pipeline growth and stakeholder retention
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, external vendors and partners as needed to ensure budget and timelines are met
- Attend local entrepreneur and mentor engagement events as required
- Support the preparation of regular progress reports on marketing initiatives with relevant KPIs and solutions
Programs and Event Management Support
- Champion IESP events management, and support with partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
- Schedule and conduct regular marketing meetings with IESP team members
- Work with the Marketing team to establish tailored lead generation campaigns across social media platforms and to track and analyze lead generation, ROI and KPIs
- Collaborate with the Digital Marketing Manager to improve impact through Search and Display Ads, as well as Social Ads
- Review post-event key results and identify opportunities to implement feedback for future events
Marketing Budget and Expense Reporting
- Monitor and track the marketing expenses for IESP campaigns across Canada
- Support the national marketing budget by conducting marketing budget analysis and allocating campaign spend
- Accurately document marketing expenses across national, regional, and program initiatives, working with the Marketing team to process monthly invoices with the Finance department
- Monitor overall program spend on a monthly basis
What you will have:
- Relevant experience may include education with a focus in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or Business or equivalent hands-on career experience
- 3+ years of experience in marketing or communication
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of digital marketing, search engine optimization, social media, digital advertising and traditional advertising
- Experience working with internal resources and third-party agencies to continually optimize
- Proven experience in implementing integrated marketing efforts (grassroots community events, tradeshows, roadshows, workshops)
- Strong network and sense of purpose, entrepreneurial mentality and lived experience working with Indigenous Entrepreneurs and community organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the challenges faced by young Indigenous entrepreneurs and Indigenous-led and Indigenous-focused community organizations
- Sound project management experience (ability to implement multiple initiatives)
- Public sector or not-for-profit experience is an asset
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with varying perspectives while balancing multiple stakeholder priorities
- Detail oriented, organized and data-driven mindset required
- Demonstrated awareness and support of the organization's objectives and strategy
- Strong problem-solving skills and solve issues with a positive outcome
- Ability to build strong relationships based on trust and integrity
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by June 14, 2022.
Please click on the link below : https://www.fitzii.com/apply/68470
What we offer:
Futurpreneur offers the opportunity to work for an organization with a clear and compelling purpose - To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise. Respect, teamwork, diversity and inclusion, transparency, empathy, impact, innovation, high performance, recognition and working hard and having fun are important to us!
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, amazing benefits such as, health and dental benefits package plus RRSP contribution matching, health spending account, hybrid work, flex hours and more.
Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.