Title: Digital Content Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, Contract
Deadline: Monday, June 20, 2022, 4:00 p.m. ET
Location: Ottawa, ON (Carp)
Hours: Full-time; 37.5 hours/week Monday to Friday, including occasional evenings and weekends. Contract ends October 31, 2022, with possibility of extension. Anticipated start date Monday, July 4, 2022.
The Diefenbunker: Canada’s Cold War Museum is a not-for-profit, community museum and national historic site in rural Ottawa. Originally designed to house key members of Canada’s government and military in the event of a nuclear attack on Ottawa during the Cold War, the Diefenbunker has operated as a museum since 1998.
The Digital Content Coordinator will support the implementation of the museum’s overall marketing and communications strategy and audience engagement efforts. They will work collaboratively with team members across the organization to develop and implement online content and promotional material, which will broaden the museum’s impact and strengthen its brand identity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team support
- Support the implementation of the museum’s marketing and communications strategy, including communicating our compelling story, vision, and key messages to diverse audiences through the promotion of the museum and its exhibitions, programs, services, and events;
- Foster a collaborative work environment in which employees feel supported, trusted, and respected while ensuring to communicate and demonstrate the museum’s messages, policies, and values in a professional and respectful manner;
- Content development
- Ensure the delivery of the online communications strategy for the museum across our social media platforms and blog;
- Maintain our content calendar promoting museum activities and offerings and related Cold War content, by planning and scheduling regular content tailored to each platform’s audiences;
- Write copy, design graphics, and gather necessary photos or visuals for online content;
- Implement consistent written and visual style that aligns with our style guide;
- Audience engagement
- Respond to online customer inquiries, comments, tags, and posts on our social media platforms;
- Contribute to overall staff efforts towards maintaining relationships with the museum’s publics and developing new audiences, including seeking out communities and organizations to engage with online;
- Ad strategy and content
- Develop strategy and write content for paid digital platforms, focusing on Facebook/Instagram Ads and Google Ads;
- Implement A/B testing of ad campaigns and monitor the results;
- Assist in website content management and implementation of regular web content updates, with attention to accessibility and SEO practices;
- Support with regular data collection and performance tracking across our online platforms.
- A degree/diploma in marketing, communications, digital marketing, digital media, or a related field;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Creativity, adaptability, and ability to take initiative;
- Time management skills and adherence to deadlines and quick turnaround times;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Familiarity with Microsoft programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok), web platforms (e.g., WordPress), and design software (e.g., Canva, Adobe Creative Suite);
- Fluency in English.
- Working competency or fluency in French;
- Knowledge of history, especially military, Canadian, and/or Cold War history;
- Experience in design, media arts, and/or photography;
- Experience working with museums, cultural institutions, or non-profit organizations.
THE DIEFENBUNKER MUSEUM OFFERS
- A fun, collaborative working environment;
- A place for continuous learning and growth;
- Flexible work hours (hybrid remote and on-site model currently).