Full-time Maintenance Coordinator and Technician
We offer flexibility, competitive benefits and matched RRSPs.
The Organization: New View Society is a community mental health non-profit based in Port Coquitlam, BC. We pride ourselves on a positive workplace culture and a valued reputation in our community. We are known for our great care towards clients, employees, and community alike, through our core values of integrity, respect, inclusiveness, caring and trust.
We believe in creating an environment for growth and recovery for people challenged by mental illness through:
- Supporting an individual’s choice to live, work, learn and be part of their community.
- Promoting recovery in a friendly, safe, and supportive environment for individuals affected by mental illness in the Tri-Cities.
- Being a flexible and caring Society dedicated to mental wellness.
- Providing housing, employment, social and personal growth opportunities.
The Position: We are looking for a Full-Time Maintenance Coordinator and Technician to join our team for 37.5 hours a week. Reporting to the Rehabilitation and Resource Manager, your responsibilities include ensuring that repairs and maintenance work to the interior and exterior of all New View Society properties are completed in a quality manner using established procedures and methods and carrying out said repairs and maintenance where appropriate. The role also requires you to respond to emergency calls during working hours, support occasional emergency calls outside of working hours, and may require some scheduled evenings and weekends. This position is based on site at New View Society’s Head Office but will require frequent travel in and around the Tri-Cities, a vehicle will be provided. Please note that due to circumstances caused by COVID-19, this position requires the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated according to Provincial Health Guidelines.
- Service Coordination: Monitor and coordinate day-to-day and project-based repairs and maintenance as indicated through the Property Management system. Liaise with vendors and gather quotes for repairs and maintenance and arrange access with residents. Direct contractors or other employees where appropriate and ensure quality control. Establish and maintain relationships with vendors. Source, purchase, inventory, and maintain equipment and supplies. Assist in the development of annual repair schedules, budgets, and capital plans as requested. Identify and recommend areas of potential energy and cost savings.
- Administrative Support: Distribute and/or post notices/bulletins, as required; collect rents and issue receipts for assigned building(s); collect laundry coins as required; inspect and approve contractor invoices prior to payment; attend scheduled tenant meetings as needed; maintain currency and accuracy of data in the Property Management system including data entry; create reports, organize, and maintain files, and perform other related administrative and support staff duties.
- Building Maintenance: Make necessary repairs, as appropriate; coordinate external contractors to perform repairs, as required. Maintain safety standards established for all buildings and perform preventative maintenance tasks. Respond to emergency calls related to damage to interior or exterior of New View facilities and either make repairs or escalate to management for satisfactory resolution. Assist with and / or conduct inspections of resident spaces. Act as a member of the 24/7 On-Call Team and respond to after-hours issues.
- Grounds Maintenance: Maintain grounds of all properties as per established guidelines and timeframes; maintain lawns and yards in acceptable conditions; clear sidewalks of snow and ice and applies sand/salt as required to ensure safe conditions are maintained.
- Custodial Support: Perform and/or supervise custodial tasks for buildings and vehicles, and ensure work is completed within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Workplace Compliance: Follow all workplace policies and procedures, especially those related to security and Occupational Health and Safety - including assisting with drills, maintaining product safety information, and ensuring compliance with Work Safe/WHMIS Standards where appropriate. Ensure compliance with applicable building standards.
- High School Diploma.
- Vulnerable Population Criminal Record Clearance.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, having your own vehicle is an asset.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Previous experience in building maintenance and repair.
- Previous janitorial experience.
- General grounds maintenance experience.
- General administrative experience.
- Experience working with individuals with a disability (especially mental illness) is an asset.
- Project management experience.
- Basic trade skills (electrical, carpentry, plumbing, etc.).
- Familiarity with using and maintaining Property Management Software.
- Basic computer/information technology proficiency, especially MS Office 365 and telecommunications systems.
- Ability to research, analyze, problem solve, plan, and organize.
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks correctly within established timeframes.
- Physically and mentally able to complete all required tasks, lifting and carrying heavy loads is required.
- Flexibility and willingness to be involved in all aspects of New View Society.
- Willing to learn new skills related to home maintenance.
Job Types: Full-Time, Permanent at 37.5 hours per week
New View Society encourages applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, a person of color, LGBTQ2+, a person with a disability, or other community that has experienced historical patterns of discrimination.
Screening; must be double-vaccinated; masks