Houses Opening Today Toronto (HOTT) is a charitable non-profit organization. We develop and operate affordable rental housing. Our portfolio includes thirteen small to medium-sized properties in Toronto. HOTT offers specialized support services to disadvantaged and marginalized individuals and families living in our portfolio.
Job Posting – Tenant Services Worker
HOTT seeks a permanent full-time Tenant Services Worker to support residents in its properties. The position offers a competitive salary and health benefits.
Overview of Position:
Reporting to the Manager of Operations and Tenant Services, the Tenant Services Worker provides excellent, respectful, and non-judgmental support to all of HOTT’s residents consistent with HOTT’s mission and values. The Tenant Services Worker focuses on special projects specific to eviction prevention across the residential portfolio and works collaboratively with the HOTT staff team. This position offers room for professional growth, including training in Rent-Geared-to-Income Administration & Life Skills certification.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintaining close contact with residents on an individual and group basis; and making referrals to appropriate external services and programmes as required
· Providing counselling, as directed by management, that supports residents’ dignity and personal empowerment pertaining to their housing stability
· Identifying and delivering hands-on, in-home* supports for residents, e.g., daily living skills
· Ensuring common areas of all properties are aesthetically pleasing and home-like
· Facilitation of group meetings, utilizing conflict resolution, crisis intervention and mediation skills as necessary
· Working in conjunction with the management team regarding new applicants, vacancies and up to date leases
· Providing in office coverage at least one day per week during regular business hours
· Receiving rental payments and performing bank deposits
· Maintaining accurate records
· Regular on-call pager duties, shared with other staff on a rotational basis
· Other duties as assigned
* Staff will be required to work in residents’ homes and may be exposed to secondhand smoke and fragrances
· Post-Secondary qualifications in Human Services Counselling or related field
· Knowledge of community and social services
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while seeking the appropriate level of consultation and approval from management
· Ability to understand and apply principles of Anti-Racism and Anti-Oppression frameworks
· Excellent time management and organizational skills - proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet firm deadlines
· Excellent communication skills and proficiency in both verbal and written English
· Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite
· Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle at all times
· Resides in the GTA due to on-call duties
· Criminal Reference Check
· Some evening/week-end work as necessary
· All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof that they have completed an approved course of vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to commencing employment or provide documentation to support an exemption based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Act (i.e., medical exemption)
Helpful to have:
· Emergency First Aid, CPR and AODA training
· Additional languages
· Working knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Landlord and Tenant Board procedure and processes and other relevant housing legislation
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!