Hours of Work Per Week: 32-40
Scheduled Hours: Flexible schedule, some work from home
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for oversight of all employee remuneration and benefits systems for the organization. The role serves to strengthen and support all Human Resource functions with focus on further building, implementing, and overseeing all aspects of salary and employee health and wellness benefit programs across the organization. The position is strategic focused and also includes supporting CHRO/leadership with employee equity,
diversity and inclusion initiatives.
The Director of Human Resources will directly assist the Chief of Human Resources with HR operational requirements, strategic goals, planning, creating and overseeing all elements of the organization’s compensation and rewards system (for WJS unionized and non-unionized work environments). The Director of Human Resources will work within HR’s team of professionals and also engage with management personnel from various departments.
• Located at Central Administration office in Maple Ridge, BC.
• Flexible work week schedule (72 hours bi-weekly), with ability to perform some work from home.
• Minimal travel required.
• Generous benefit packages (after 3-months employment)
• Discretionary bonuses
In Your Role You Will
Be responsible for:
• Benchmarking of compensation and benefits.
• Enhancing remuneration and reward strategies, including implementing and overseeing remuneration plans.
• Administrating, auditing/reconciling remittances relating to compensation/benefit plans.
• Advising senior management on compensation issues and supporting leadership with employee wellness, equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Overseeing job evaluation and role changes within the organization and program teams.
• Supporting team of HR/payroll/benefit administrators.
• Serving on HR collective bargaining teams and/or committees.
• Acting as pension fund trustee.
• Ensuring HR procedures, rules and standards relating to HR/Compensation processes including financial disbursements to HR vendors/carriers comply with policies, standards, collective agreements and legal requirements.
• Supporting internal stakeholders with reporting human resource data/metrics as well as HR related quality initiatives.
• Contributing toward agency HR policy and procedure reviews, participating in organizational strategic planning, HR planning, policy-making, and other HR related committees.
• Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as required to support HR strategic/operational initiatives
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 2 year Diploma in Human Resources or Degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a similar human resources management position, or related
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Excellent HR project management skills - Knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices, labour relations, employee hiring/onboarding processes, development and performance management skills.
• Union experience, preferably in the social service or health industry - including training/experience in negotiations, mediation and conflict resolution an asset in dealing with collective bargaining committees and all agency stakeholders
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Ability to use common computer applications, including Excel and pivot tables, ad hoc report building a definite asset
Internal candidates will be expected to have successfully completed probation.
For a complete, detailed job description, contact
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada’s mission is ‘We serve individuals and families with high quality, personalized, and culturally responsive support’. The support we provide for families, emphasizes building relationships to enhance the family's strengths and achieve goals that address their needs for support in areas of struggle. Services are individualized and based on the family's belief that their own internal resources can be strengthened and that other helpful skills can be developed.
Our Employees Enjoy
At WJS Canada, trust, strong connections, innovation and results are the pillars of our mandate. We manage by developing our core strength: our people. We give employees the tools to do the job, developing their competence and their confidence, by conducting training programs to ensure professional development and build skills, employee morale, employee safety, health, loyalty and satisfaction. Developing people includes respecting employees work-life balance through flexible hours, locations and duties. We support our staff with assistance and benefit packages, innovative wellness programs and compassion for the life challenges they face.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!