Position title: Administrative Support Specialist
Department: Community Innovation
Reports to: Director, Community Innovation
Contract Dates: July 2022 – March 2023 (Contract renewal subject to funding)
The Admin Support Specialist, Community Innovation provides administrative support to the director, managers and project teams, as needed, including data collection and analysis, scheduling meetings/events/workshops, assisting with reporting, note taking and filing, and providing navigation support to event/project participants to appropriate resources, including internal referrals for services, as required.
- Works closely with the Community Innovation team to provide input and support for a variety of projects, as needed.
- Compiles, assesses, and enters client/participant service and activity related data onto internal, funder (iCARE) and other databases, as required.
- Coordinates community engagement activities targeted at increasing im/migrant and newcomer participation in the local community, including youth activities.
- Creates, distributes, compiles and reviews event and workshop evaluations for quality of outcomes and satisfaction to inform the development of Community Innovation activities.
- Provides support for stakeholder committees and teams, as needed, in collaboration with department Managers and Director.
- Conducts orientation to Community Innovation services and guides newcomers in identifying activities that would meet their settlement and integration needs.
- Plans and prepares for workshops, events and team meetings, as needed.
- Supports Community Innovation activities by facilitating newcomer participation in the community and by providing opportunities for newcomers to develop meaningful relationships in safe spaces.
- Provides basic assessment, information, and support on the phone, via email, virtually and in-person, including responding to newcomers in crisis during Community Innovation activities and arranging settlement service appointments, as needed.
- Provides referrals to internal services and programs, and external community based and/or government services based on participant needs.
- Ensures client eligibility for federally funded services, ensures services align with IRCC planned activities and that all IRCC deliverables are met.
- Ensures management is aware of any significant concerns or issues as quickly as possible.
- Provides first language services as required to enhance the client/participant experience, including providing document translation and event interpretation support as required.
- Provides additional support and assists with all administrative tasks, as needed.
- Values. Behaves consistently with clear personal values that complement Impact North Shore’s values of excellence, diversity, and respect.
- Integrity & Ethics. Ensures integrity in personal and organizational practices. Builds a respectful and client-centered workplace.
- Innovation. Thinks creatively; is open to new ideas and technologies. Is committed to developing effective and new approaches to service excellence. Is flexible and adaptable to meeting changing demands of clients, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Accountability. Accepts and creates a culture of accountability; fosters personal growth; takes personal ownership. Is self-aware and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing learning and continual improvement. Assesses risk and develops risk mitigation strategies.
- Shows passion for the job and the mission of the Impact North Shore.
- Effective Communication. Fosters open communication, listens to others, speaks effectively, and prepares written communication so that messages are clearly understood.
- Organized & Efficient. Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organized way. Follows directions and procedures and ensures deliverables are meet on time and according to agreed standards.
- Familiarity of and/or lived experience of diversity, as it relates to the im/migrant settlement experience, is considered a strong asset
- Experience working with im/migrants and newcomers from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with community members and organizations from multiple sectors
- Able to function in a fast-paced environment and remain calm during periods of high demand
- Strong organizational ability, attention-to-detail skills, excellent communication and computer skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support service delivery needs during the daytime, evening and weekend hours, as needed
- Ability to speak multiple languages is considered an asset
Hours: 35 hours / week
Salary Range: $21.00 - $24.00 / hour
Contract Date: July 2022 – March 2023 (Contract renewal subject to funding)
Please note: This is a Hybrid position