About YWCA Edmonton
YWCA Edmonton is a women’s organization that advances the wellness and growth of women, girls and families. We provide education and services to thousands every year through leadership programs, counselling, outdoor education, and supporting people with disabilities.
The RSW Service Coordinator is a dynamic position, playing an active role within the organization. The role of the RSW Service Coordinator encompasses a variety of interesting and challenging responsibilities. This is a position that requires excellent client service and support skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other staff in a busy office environment. This position requires the candidate to respond to challenges and changes independently all the while maintaining client confidentiality, discretion and professionalism at all times. They will need to utilize excellent communication, diplomacy and organizational skills as they work as a key member of Counselling Services and a support resource for community stakeholders. The RSW Service Coordinator acts as a first point of contact for our clients, housing referrals and staff and they are crucial in creating a welcoming and safe space at YWCA Edmonton.
Full-time (37.5 hours/week), hours typically between Monday – Friday from 8:50 am to 5:10 pm. Some additional after hours or weekend work may be required. (*Please note: This position may be required to provide evening coverage for Counselling Services on Tuesday and Thursdays from 5:00pm to 9:00 pm*).
Salary: Annual salary will be based on years of experience and qualifications; benefits included after successful completion of a 3-month probation period.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent field.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a Registered Social Worker in good standing with the Alberta College of Social Workers.
• A sound understanding of YWCA Edmonton and other community resources.
• Clear Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check, and Child Intervention Record Check.
• A valid Class 5 driver’s license, access to a personal vehicle, willing to transport Individuals, $2 Million Third Party Liability Vehicle insurance and the completion of a Standard Driver’s Abstract (please note: the position will require a Standard Driver’s Abstract every two years).
• Minimum of 2 years of experience providing excellent customer service in an office reception setting preferred.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Access, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience with Titanium Scheduling software an asset.
• Excellent verbal, written and communications skills with a focus on accuracy and discretion.
• Ability to work in an efficient manner and adapt to changing priorities.
• Able to work independently when needed and to problem solve.
• Willingness to assist other departments with day-to-day tasks and special projects.
I. Social Work Support (Primary Responsibility):
• Work with local Edmonton Shelters to identify potential tenants for the Avana Housing Initiative, review prospective tenant applications, interview potential residents to determine suitability as a tenant, accompany potential residents to see available units and supporting residents in their transition from shelter to permanent housing.
o (Supports may include but are not limited to helping residents secure movers, furniture and arranging utility hook-ups.)
• Provide data required for outcome reporting related to the Avana Housing Initiative.
• Support clients with finding alternative social supports related to basic needs, mental and physical health, and other resources needed to enhance social functioning such as income support, Edmonton Food Bank etc.
• Process client intake paperwork for Counselling Services and determine the suitability of fit for an appropriate therapist.
• Ensure therapists in Counselling Services are apprised of any urgent matters related to their clients.
• Screen new clients to assess the urgency of accessing therapeutic services or make accurate referrals to other programs and services outside the agency.
II. Counselling Administration (Secondary Responsibility):
• Schedule client appointments and maintain therapist workloads.
• Properly maintain both digital and physical files of confidential information and paperwork related to our clients.
• Input and manage client data on counselling database (Titanium Scheduling Software) and ensure forms are completed for up-to-date statistics for the department.
• Assess and collect client fees and process client intake paperwork.
• Offer System Administrator support for essential Counselling Services programs such as Titanium Scheduling Software and Zoom Video Conferencing.
• Process payments, complete deposit tracking and weekly deposits.
• Assist with ongoing maintenance of YWCA Edmonton’s website program and service details.
III. Reception (Tertiary Responsibility)
• Welcome visitors to YWCA Edmonton upon entry.
• Assist with answering calls received through Zoom Phone with a high volume of callers with varying inquiries.
• Possess a strong understanding of services offered by YWCA Edmonton and be able to clearly express and share this knowledge to public.
• Lock up and secure office at end of day.
• Assist the Office Manager and/or Executive Assistant with the maintenance of general office space and operations (ex. maintain and distribute office contact list; receive, sort, distribute mail and packages, and post outgoing mail; general office maintenance etc.).
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!