A bit about us
The YEGAmbassador Program Manager is a member of the YEGAmbassadors Program which is a partnership between REACH Safety Council of Edmonton, North Edge Business Association and the City of Edmonton. The YEGAmbassadors support the efforts of small Edmonton Business Improvement Areas (BIA’s) in building safe and thriving businesses. By having a visible and identifiable presence in the community, the YEGAmbassadors help :
● Increase community safety and well-being
● Develop the area into a destination
● Promote cultural and ethnic business diversity
● Adopt sustainable stewardship for the area
● Equip businesses with the information and tools required to succeed
A bit about you
The YEGAmbassador Program Manager is someone with a passion for making the business improvement areas in their community a better place to live, work and play in. They are committed to overseeing a team that engages with BIA’s and their businesses to understand what their needs are in contributing to a safe and vibrant community. They know how to translate identified needs from businesses into projects that address them. They know how to empower their team and equip them with the tools they need to successfully execute projects. They are collaborative problem solvers, who are creative and are eager to explore new ideas to support these destinations and their businesses to thrive.
A bit about the communities we work with
The YEGAmbassador program conducts its work supporting BIAs and businesses in Edmonton’s commercial districts. While BIAs and businesses are our primary focus, ambassadors help connect them to broader community stakeholders like social agencies, community leagues, enforcement agencies and city departments. The work of the YEGAmbassadors is embedded in diverse communities. We strive to reflect the uniqueness of these communities in language, culture, identity, ability, and experiences. We also engage deeply with all members of the community, inclusive of those who are newcomers, vulnerable and/or unhoused. We are seeking a Program Manager who can not only connect with these groups but develop relationships with them and between different stakeholders.
Interested? Apply before June 17, 2022
To apply for this position, email a resume to , along with a cover letter that includes what you think the key elements are of a safe and vibrant business community. How do businesses contribute to the community? How does the community support businesses? How does everybody feel included and safe? What do you see your role in all of this?
Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Successfully create and manage project plans that are within the scope of the YEG Ambassadors. Ensuring that timelines and reporting are adhered to and that the programs goals, objectives and outcomes are met.
- Manages budget and tracks expenditures.
- Plan and support community engagement activities including meetings, surveys, and interviews.
- Complete analysis and prepare summaries of engagement results to glean relevant information and formulate projects.
- Organize, chair, participate in, and document digital and in-person meetings
- Planning, promoting and attending community-based events
- Ability to be flexible to the needs of the area which may include occasionally working evenings and weekends
- Research and identify community assets and resources. Able to use social science methodologies to support the analysis of business needs.
- Oversee social media channels and community project websites
- Research grant opportunities for the initiative
- Complete funding applications in accordance with the funders requirements
- Experience working for and within steering committee or board environments .
- Knowledge of the core area communities and familiarity with complex dynamics of the social economic forces at play within those areas
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!