Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area is an organization that believes in the promise of all children. Our team works with community volunteers, partners and other supporters to create safe environments for children to be between school and home and to provide caring mentoring relationships for children and youth. Now, more than ever, the kids in our community need us and we are looking for great staff to join our team.
Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters is seeking individuals interested in the following position(s):
Competition Number: CYF0622
Position(s) Available: One (1)
Status: Full-Time Temporary Position (37.5 hours/week)
Salary Range: $43,484-$49,199 annually
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Oversee the work related to engaging and enrolling children and youth to be involved in an agency program.
- Working with a team of child and youth supporters to create strength based relationships with children, youth and families seeking community based mentoring (traditionally known as the Big Brother/Big Sister Program)
- Taking calls, messages and email for new child and youth program inquiries and referrals.
- Directing inquires and referrals to the most appropriate program and/or providing external resources
- Providing a variety of levels of assessment for children, youth and their families to determine best program fit varying from a telephone pre-screen questionnaire to home visits.
- Delivering messages and training to children, youth and their families about program expectations, guidelines and safety.
- Supporting children and youth who are in process or waiting to be involved in a program through monthly activities, group opportunities and additional resources.
- Maintaining the status and completing updates of client data/information through follow up phone calls.
- Attending child and youth based interagency meetings to gather additional programming and resource information for clients.
- Maintaining electronic casework notes, client data and other required reporting.
- Following all safety and cleaning protocols set out by AHS and the agency in order to safely offer the programming.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or diploma in the areas of child and youth care, volunteer management, and/or social work.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years’ experience in a role involving child and youth development that has included programming, interviewing/assessments and referrals.
- Proven ability to engage children and youth both individually and in a group setting.
- The ability to work effectively with children and youth and have a solid understanding of child and youth issues.
- Demonstrated good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to manage time effectively and be results oriented.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and sound decision making.
- Knowledge of resources and programs supporting families in the city and surrounding areas is an asset.
- Flexibility to work 2-3 evenings a week.
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Candidates must be capable of performing independently as well as part of a team environment and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Boys and Girls Club Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area really is “a great place to be”. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a supportive work environment, excellent benefits package and rewarding career opportunities.