JOB POSTING 2022-214-01
Flood Resiliency Program
Flood Resiliency Manager
2420 Montrose Ave, Abbotsford
Wage: $35.70 per hour
Temporary- 6 months
Come enhance the community’s resilience at Archway Community Services
Come Help Us Help People
The Flood Resiliency Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Flood Resiliency program and initiative. This involves contractual compliance with Emergency Management BC (EMBC) and the City of Abbotsford (CoA). The manager will navigate multiple partner relationships (within Archway and throughout the community) including data collection, communication, and integrated planning.
Archway’s Flood Resiliency Manager with the Flood Resiliency Program contributes by:
- Provides support, guidance, and direction to staff using a variety of techniques including coaching, training, skill development, debriefing, and corrective interventions.
- Manages and oversees expenditures within the existing budget allowance, makes budget recommendations, and monitors program. Ensures the timely submission of operational reports including monthly, quarterly, annual and funding reports.
This position is a great fit for someone who has strong networking, presentation and relationship building skills and has a diplomatic and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- $35.70 per hour.
- A full time position.
- Temporary- 6 months, with possibility of extension based on program needs and funding
- Three weeks’ vacation.
- A great benefits package that includes extended health and dental after 3 months of employment, you choose your plan.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program that includes online access to wellness resources.
- Flexible/Hybrid work option.
Getting an Interview – we will contact you if you have:
- Undergraduate degree in emergency management, community development, planning and evaluation or other related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record check.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in emergency management or related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading a team.
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector.
- Experience working with an integrated service model.
- Strong working knowledge of government and community-based programs and related provincial and community supporting systems.
- Strong networking, presentation, and relationship building skills.
- Strong verbal, written, and active listening skills, able to communicate effectively and respectfully with a wide variety of people.
The Job Requires you to have:
- Some traveling will be required between the Abbotsford and Chilliwack areas, requiring the use of a personal vehicle that meets Archway’s transportation policy.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work from home and the office (hybrid).
- COVID 19 vaccinations are strongly recommended.