Data. Discovery. Better Health.
ICES is a world-leading health research and analytics institute. With a wealth of data and analytic expertise, we create trusted evidence that has changed health policy and practice and helps ensure better health for all.
Ready to discover more with us? Join our outstanding, collaborative team where your skills, knowledge and curiosity are valued and can change the future of health care.
At ICES, we recognize what matters most to our employees. Some of the great benefits of working at ICES include:
- Flexible remote work arrangements anywhere in Ontario
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program
- HOOPP Pension Plan (Defined Pension)
- Employee Assistance Program and Dialogue Well Being Program
- Generous vacation, float and caregiver days for all employees
- Education Fund and Dedicated Education Days
- Holiday Closure
- Perkopolis Employee Discount Program
Reporting to the Manager - Application Technology Delivery, the Application Developer will be responsible for designing, programming, deploying, and supporting software applications at ICES.
Responsibilities of the position include, but may not be limited to:
- Design, develop and implement software applications to meet business requirements and goals;
- Provide application support, investigate application defects, identify the root cause of the issue, develop and implement solutions in a timely manner;
- Provide architectural and programming technical expertise to the development team concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during design and development phases;
- Participate code walkthroughs to maintain development best practices and code optimization;
- Analyze business processes and practices to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancement;
- Create and maintain application design, implementation, and support documents;
- Provide guidance and training to less experienced developers;
- Keep current on knowledge of emerging technologies by reading professional publications, and participating in educational and training opportunities;
- Other duties as may be assigned within the scope of this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- University Degree in Computer Sciences or related field;
- IT industry certificates required such as MCPD on Visual Studio or SharePoint, MCSA on SQL Server;
- Minimum 2 years direct experience with SharePoint;
- Minimum 2 years direct experience with PowerApps (Canvas as well as Model-Driven);
- Five (5) years hands-on progressive experience with web-based and Windows .NET application development;
- Strong working experience with object oriented design, design patterns, programming techniques, software design, data modeling, and Internet technologies;
- Knowledge of M365 platform (mainly in SharePoint and PowerApps) is a must;
- In-depth understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC);
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills;
- Strong communication and customer service skills;
- Previous experience with healthcare information system is an asset.
This is a full time permanent opportunity located at ICES Central in Toronto.
Security clearance may be required.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter detailing how their knowledge, skills and abilities match the scope of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at ICES. Due to the volume of applications received, only applicants being considered for the position will be contacted for further discussions.
ICES is committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Applicants are asked to make accommodation requests to ICES and we will make every effort to ensure that accommodation requests are met throughout the recruitment process.