Epic Opportunities is seeking candidates to fill the HR Coordinator role in our dynamic team.
What you can expect?
The HR Coordinator is responsible for promoting HR practices and objectives that foster a productive culture in the organization that values diversity, empowerment, trust and respect for all. This position works to ensure all HR development initiatives align with organizational priorities and goals to meet our vision, mission and values. Contributing to day-to-day operations, the coordinator administers HR programs, monitors HRIS, develops and implements employee retention and recognition strategies, monitors HR data & statistics, communicates and advises on employment standards, policy and procedure and labour relations, oversees recruitment and engages in onboarding and training of employees. In addition, this role monitors and manages paid and protected leaves of absence; promoting a collaborative disability strategy that optimizes the health and productivity of the organization’s workforce through prevention, education, rehabilitation, work accommodation and return to work support. The coordinator is actively involved in networking, planning, administration and evaluation of HR services to contribute to the ongoing development of our workforce.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to make a difference as a leader.
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to build the best supports for people with intellectual disabilities to live, learn and work in their community.
- An organization with a strong values-based culture and commitment to respect and inclusion for all.
We will count on you to:
- Communicate a vision for service delivery, provide direction and guidance to employees, and lead them through changes to better accomplish the vision, mission and values.
- Through strategic planning, identify gaps in human resources and areas for development which meet short- and long-term organizational goals and the needs of people supported.
- Be aware of trends in the sector and how internal or external changes impact service delivery.
- Promote the concept of inclusion, full community participation, engagement with natural support networks and relationship building.
- Develop strategies to build employee engagement, continuous improvement and performance excellence, foster employee safety, wellness and health.
- Administer and manage all aspects of paid and protected leaves of absence programs and accommodation processes.
- Be a vital part of the overall team, helping Epic Opportunities to grow as we move forward.
What will you bring to the role?
- Highly effective communication skills; both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to manage several projects at a time, be organized and set priorities in a fast-paced environment while working independently or in a team setting.
- Familiarity with employment standards, human rights and other legislative and legal requirements for employers.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and plan strategically.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where compliance with legislation may or may not exist.
- Be resourceful, use multi-tasking, be creative and imaginative, with the ability to problem-solve, negotiate and demonstrate an understanding others’ needs.
- Commitment to excellence, with a team spirit and ability to educate others.
- Active commitment to ongoing personal development in HR field and continuous learning.
- Use of personal vehicle an asset.
Qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Degree in Social Sciences or Disability & Community Support Diploma, an asset.
- Relevant certificate or degree in Human Resource Management, preferred.
- Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation an asset.
- Two years’ experience in Human Resource Management, including exposure to leave of absence programs preferred.
- Experience in a human service setting an asset.
- Familiarity with Human Resource Information Systems and database systems an asset.
- Other combination of related education and experience may be considered.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide a Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry check upon hire at their own expense.
With a commitment to health and safety and in order to continue our mission “to provide person-centred services”, Epic Opportunities requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment for all new employees. (Exceptions and accommodations will be made for those who are exempt from receiving the vaccine due to legitimate, established reasons in accordance with Public Health and Human Rights. In these cases, reasonable supporting documentation will be required.)