JOB POSTING 2022-175-02
Marketing & Communications
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Wage: $17.50 per hour
Part-Time - 30 hours a week over 4 or 5 days
Temporary for 8 eight weeks until Sept 3rd, 2022
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Build your marketing skills with the team at Archway
Come Help Us Help People
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator assists with a variety of communications and administrative functions within the marketing team.
NOTE: This position is provided in partnership with Canada Summer Jobs.
Eligible applicants MUST:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment;
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada.
International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
Archway’s Marketing Coordinator contributes by:
- Assisting programs with their marketing needs.
- Creating and scheduling social media content on a variety of platforms.
- Keeping Archway’s website (WordPress) up-to-date and creating new pages as needed.
- Researching, writing and editing a variety of communication materials for use in print and online, including brochures ads, newsletters, banners.
- Designing engaging social posts and print materials using Canva or Adobe products.
This position is a great fit for someone who is interested in gaining experience in a broad range of marketing skills.
- Wage: $17.50 per hour
- A part-time, temporary position at 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Position is for 8 weeks, ending on Friday, September 2, 2022.
- Opportunity to work from home within a hybrid work model.
- Great in-house training opportunities.
- A rewarding job in a supportive and positive environment.
- Opportunity to network with other Archway colleagues in different programs.
Getting an Interview – you will be considered if you have:
- Diploma or degree or certification, with a focus on communications, marketing, social media, public relations, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, online marketing tools, desktop publishing and basic graphic design.
- Knowledge of current methods, materials, techniques, and tools related to marketing communications.
- Video production or editing skills are an asset.
The Job Requires you to have:
- The ability to switch tasks often.
- The ability to work in a shared office space. Sometimes you will have the opportunity to work from home. A Work from Home Agreement will be established.
- The ability to meet with individuals in-person, requiring adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- COVID 19 vaccinations are not required but strongly recommended.
- A satisfactory criminal records check is a condition of employment.