This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work variable hours on an as needed basis.
Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 1:00pm to 9:00pm
Weekends Morning from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or Evenings from 4:00pm to 9:00pm
and stat Holidays
(hours can be variable)
- Cleans and maintains the Centre and grounds as per safety and health regulations.
- Assists in teaching clients how to use the equipment and cleaning products such as washer/dryer, cleaning products, washrooms and bathing facilities.
- Cleans and disinfects all rooms, offices, reception area, and their fixtures.
- Cleans and disinfects kitchen, countertops, serving areas, dining room after every meal and snacks.
- Keep clean premises front yard, waste area and around the building.
- Assists the staff with preparing beverages, serving meals and snacks, preparing the dining area and cleaning after each meal.
- Empties and dispenses garbage in offices, rooms, kitchen/dining rooms, washrooms in appropriate disposal units.
- Replaces and replenishes soap containers, light bulbs, mattress covers and notifies the Operations Manager and management of any needed repairs.
- Performs other duties as required: answers telephones, sets up rooms; rearranges furniture; distribute donations, etc.
- A minimum of 6 months experience in housekeeping in large residential institutions.
- Must have a WHMIS certificate.
- Food handling experience and certificate is an asset.
- Sensitivity and awareness of working with refugee population.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in English is a must. Ability to speak one of the following languages is an asset: Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, Amharic, French, Russian, Somali, and Tigrinya.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the last 6 months.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
LOCATION: 100 Lippincott Street, Toronto
DURATION: June 27, 2022 – March 31, 2023
SALARY: $15.45 per hour
POSTING DATE: June 16, 2022
CLOSING DATE: June 29, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.