Location/Lieu: Victoria, BC
Position/Poste: Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist, Assessment & Planning- Full Time
This position is delivering WorkBC employment services, in a center managed by one of our partner agencies. Please visit www.workbc.ca for more information on the types of services the program includes.
- Accept referral and review the client plan/documentation as provided by the referral source
- Create and maintain case files and service plans that are current and reflective of clients’ evolving needs
- Provide services to adults who have disabilities and are challenged by employment barriers.
- Assist individuals with disabilities to identify realistic employment options through vocational testing, assessment and exploration
- Conduct transferable skills analysis and labour market research
- Create resumes and cover letters tailored to client’s needs and employment objectives
- Provide job placement services including job development, coordination of on the job supports, job site analysis and job accommodation
- Provide employment and motivational counseling
- Case manage services to ensure timely and cost-effective service delivery
- Complete required service reports
- Achieve quality service standards for client satisfaction, timely delivery of service and employment outcomes
- A post-secondary degree, certificate or diploma in a related field (eg. career or employment development, vocational rehabilitation, social work, psychology, sociology, human services, counseling, education or human resources management)
- Demonstrated experience working in the field of vocational rehabilitation, particularly with clients with complex barriers and a broad range of backgrounds
- Familiarity with current methods of vocational rehabilitation, career counseling including assessment, service planning, job search skills, job analysis and job placement
- Sensitivity to issues/barriers that people with disabilities experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, sales and customer service skills
- Well-developed time management, organization and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; knowledge and experience with ICM (Integrated Case Management) considered an asset
- Ability to document, maintain records and assist in reports
Salary Range/Échelle des salaires: $54,072 annually
Applications accepted until/Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy) Until filled
Send application and resume to/Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Carolina Pimentel
Position: Program Assistant
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 200-4475 Viewmont Avenue, Victoria BC V8Z 6L8
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommended by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible. We welcome applications from qualified individuals that reflect the abilities and diversity of the populations we serve. March of Dimes Canada will proactively provide accessibility solutions to job applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.