Annis Residence - Chilliwack
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) is a large not-for-profit agency that serves some of the most vulnerable people in our communities from Vancouver to Hope. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities. Our strong agency values of advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being guide us in our work with participants and how we support our diverse staff. We place a high value on work-life balance. This is demonstrated through our compensation and comprehensive/fully employer-paid benefits package, including extended health and dental, sick leave, Municipal Pension, and flexible work options for many positions. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program, including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who care for the people we serve.
The Housing Support Worker is a member of the Annis Residence team and is responsible for the direct care of participants living in this adult supportive housing program. The Housing Support Worker will support and work alongside the residents of Annis Residence in stabilizing their current housing and approaching other identified life goals. This position requires understanding poverty, housing, substance use, and mental health.
• Offer both insight and practical goal-focused counselling strategies while maintaining a safe and respectful environment for participants
• Perform program administrative tasks as delegated by the Supervisor, including case note documentation, Critical Incident reporting, goal-planning
• Complete basic assessments and develop service goals in collaboration with the participant
• When required, develop, implement, and facilitate group sessions that are relevant to local needs; sessions could include co-leadership with other staff, volunteers or peer counsellors or other community professionals
• Act as a positive role model and assist participants in developing values of honesty, self-assertiveness, and respect for others, a democratic viewpoint, and a lack of dependency on drugs, alcohol, and self-abusive and destructive behaviour.
• Maintain health and safety of self, participants, and community; manage problematic behaviour and emergencies according to agency policy and practice.
• Maintains good safety practices and a preventative approach
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Substance use/Addiction counselling training. Bachelor's degree in social work or other fields plus one year's experience, or a bachelor's degree in Child and Youth Care or relevant discipline plus one year's direct experience. A combination of experience and education is considered.
• Experience supporting the vulnerable adult population with housing and accessing services within a biopsychosocial–spiritual framework.
• Criminal Record Check, including the vulnerable sector
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Class 5 Driver's License; use of own vehicle; driver's abstract
• Current standard first aid certificate
• Knowledge of trauma and the effects of trauma, trauma-informed practice
• Experience with Brain-Based Disorders, such as FASD, brain injury, psychoses
• Experience with Concurrent Mental Health issues
• Substance Use training / Harm Reduction approach
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or MANDT certification
Supervisor, Annis Residence
Salary Range: $27.26/hour – $28.43/hour, plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: Friday, July 1, 2022, at 4:30 pm
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS369
The offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!