JOB POSTING #2022-30-14
Archway Abbotsford Food Bank
Food Bank Float Worker
Wage: $20.00 per hour
Join our Team to help out as a Casual Driver and Fresh Food Recovery Worker
Come Help Us Help People
The Food Bank Float Worker will provide as needed coverage for Food Bank Drivers and the Fresh Food Recovery Program. Coverage for the Food Bank Drivers will include pick up, delivery, and distribution of food for the Food Bank and our community partners. Coverage for the Fresh Food Recovery Program will include oversight of fresh and frozen stock management, maintaining relationships with a variety of partners, and support for our food recovery activities. The Fresh Food Coordinator coverage will also include coaching and delegating tasks to volunteers and ensuring food is distributed to Intake, Home Delivery, Satellites, and community partners.
Archway’s Food Bank Float Worker with the Food Bank contributes by:
- Loading and delivering food to a variety of programs and partners on a weekly basis.
- Assisting with tasks related to the overall operation of food distribution.
- Overseeing the recovery of food ensuring it is recovered for safe consumption, safe handling and proper labeling.
- Providing support, leadership, and direction to volunteers in the Fresh Food Recovery program using a variety of techniques including coaching, training, orientation and feedback.
- Recording fresh food recovery statistics for produce recovered and distributed through Food Bank, other charities, farmers, and compost.
This position is a great fit for someone who is able to build relationships and maintain rapport with clients, volunteers, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Wage: $20.00, per hour
- Casual: Flexible, on call work, able to work Monday-Friday, 7:00AM-4:00PM, including holidays and occasional weekends
- Temporary until February 1st, 2023
- In-house training opportunities.
- Opportunity to network with Archway and community stakeholders while learning about Food Justice and Sovereignty
- Rewarding work in a positive environment
Getting an Interview – you will be considered if you have:
- Minimum of a High school Diploma or equivalent experience
- Good organization, planning and time management skills.
- Good computer competency, able to use Microsoft Office365, virtual meeting platforms such as Microsoft Teams.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a clean Driver’s Abstract.
- 1 year experience in a customer service position is preferred.
- Experience driving 3-ton truck, forklifts, power jacks and other machinery is preferred.
- Forklift certification or willingness to complete the training is an asset.
The Job Requires you to:
- Be in periods of constant motion including walking and lifting or carrying items up to 50lbs. This position can also include standing at a workstation for extended periods of time.
- Switch tasks, as there may be frequent interruptions.
- Work outside daily in any weather.
- Have flexible availability to work any day of the week.
- Work within an environment where there is a high-level of social interaction and engagement, requiring adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols