Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Hours: Combination of day, evenings and weekends are required.
Number of Positions: 2
Opportunity to discuss one-time relocation expense, as well as, signing bonus.
WJS Canada's Supported Independent and Semi-Independent Living programs in Bonnyville assist persons with developmental disabilities (PDD) to build on their strengths, learn life skills, overcome barriers and become involved in their community through recreation, cultural events/activities and volunteerism or employment.
Supervise multiple programs to ensure high quality clients supports - physical, behavioural and emotional. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff who are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans, and working directly with the clients and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program.
In Your Role You Will
• Work a combination of days, evenings (one per week) and weekends (one per month), more if required
• Manage the daily operation of the program(s) (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Schedule, supervise, hire/orient/train and evaluate Disability Support Workers
• Ensure comprehensive/accurate recording and reporting of information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Overnight checks required quarterly
• Assist Program Director with staff performance reviews/improvement plans and coordination of case conferences
• Be available for on call rotation
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in human services - Social Work, Social Services, Special Education, Psychology, Sociology, etc.
• 3 years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs; Disability Support Worker or Practitioner, Healthcare Aide or LPN
• 1 year supervisory experience
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals an asset
• Valid class 5 driver license, clear driving abstract and vehicle
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Leadership and crisis management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams
• Calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others; a positive role model.
What WJS Canada does
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Independent living and family support services
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Financial reward for New Hire/Employee referrals • A fair and equitable wage.
• An excellent Health and Dental benefit plan, with premiums paid by the employer!
• Programming that meets current best practices.
• Innovation that sets and defines new standards of care.
• An empowering balance of independence and supervision.
• World-class staff training and personal development.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!