A world free of the effects of diabetes is our vision. That’s why we’re working together to improve the quality of life of people living with diabetes. We’re sharing knowledge and creating connections for individuals and the health-care professionals who care for them; advocating through public policy; and funding research to improve treatments and find a cure to end diabetes.
Diabetes Canada is a dynamic organization, recognizing the value of and rewarding diversity of thought, allowing us to attract high performance talent that enjoys working with colleagues exhibiting high performance behaviours.
Join our dedicated, talented Diabetes Canada team and together, #LetsEndDiabetes!
Contract Length: This is a 12 month contract position.
The Senior Coordinator, Donor Response Marketing supports the execution and successful delivery of national, multi-channel donor and acquisition campaigns through direct mail, phone and face-to-face channels.
Reporting to and supporting the work of the Senior Manager, Direct Response, the Senior Coordinator works with a wide range of internal colleagues and external vendors and oversees all tactical aspects of direct response initiatives, including campaign delivery, day-to-day stakeholder and vendor communications, and donor service support.
Location: 1300-522 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario. Flexible work agreement policy in place allows employees to work on a hybrid schedule, working remote and with 1-2 days per week in-office.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Leading the execution of integrated direct response campaigns (including direct mail, telemarketing, and face-to-face), by managing campaign critical paths and coordinating key deliverables with both internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure the successful, and timely, delivery of campaigns.
• Supporting the Digital Fundraising Specialist in the integration and execution of online and email fundraising campaigns.
• Acting as the primary day-to-day contact for external fundraising vendors while direct response campaigns are in-market, managing daily communications including campaign questions and support, escalating concerns as needed to Senior Manager, Direct Response.
• Leading internal campaign kick-off meetings with DC’s cross functional stakeholder group, and coordinating internal and external reviews and approvals of campaign materials.
• Managing internal communications regarding ongoing direct response campaigns to cross departmental stakeholders from national and regional front-line teams.
• Maintaining and updating all annual DRM campaign and activity calendars for internal and external stakeholders and supporting Senior Manager, Direct Response in the development of new tools as needed.
• Providing day-to-day budget management support, including set up of purchase orders, payment of invoices, and updating team budgets.
• Support the Senior Manager, Direct Response in sourcing new patient stories, and information and materials from Mission and Marketing Communication teams as needed to support ongoing campaigns.
• Maintaining and updating team files to ensure robust, and accurate, historical record of program activities, and current library of materials for use in annual campaign development.
• Provide data management support in the execution of direct response campaigns, as well as post-campaign analysis and reporting as required by Senior Manager, Direct Response.
• Conduct competitor analysis and sector best practice research to support special projects and the development of new initiatives as identified by Senior Manager, Direct Response.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 1-3 years of experience in direct response fundraising, experience working within a large national charity an asset
• Experience working with external fundraising agencies and vendors, an asset
• Ability to take feedback and information from multiple sources and synthesize to make recommendations for improvements
• Strong computer skills, with high level of comfort working in MS Office Suite
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or CRM software, as asset
• Experience with project management software, an asset
• Highly organized with strong project management skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Collaborative, adaptable and personable, excels at building strong relationships
• Proactive and entrepreneurial with a can-do attitude, comfortable taking initiative and working independently as a key member of a high-performing team
What Diabetes Canada Can Offer You:
• A meaningful role, making a difference every day for people living with or at risk of diabetes.
• An entrepreneurial environment, working for a national organization where you feel valued, recognized and rewarded.
• A high-performing, collaborative team environment with proven leadership and highly skilled colleagues and commitment to excellent work culture.
• Competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, employee assistance program and company-match Pension/RRSP.
About the Application Process:
• If you are already on Diabetes Canada’s job posting site, click on the “Apply Now” button found at the bottom-left of this screen.
• You will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
• If you are not on DC’s job posting site, go to the webpage: https://www.diabetes.ca/careers and click on “View Job Openings”.
• If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at: DCHR@diabetes.ca
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
• Diabetes Canada welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities. We value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
• We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise us during the recruitment process.
• We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Safe Place to Work - Diabetes Canada is committed to protecting the health and safety of our stakeholders and mitigating the risk of COVID-19 spread. A mandatory COVID-19 vaccination program is in place and provides direction on the conditions under which individuals are permitted to be employed with DC.