Canada Homestay Network – Relationship Manager
We are a family-run, non-profit society that provides students with a home away from home in Canada. We pride ourselves on being able to connect international students with compassionate and caring families that help to enrich the students’ experience.
Over the last 25 years, we have connected tens of thousands of students with their host families and that number keeps growing! With this in mind, CHN is currently seeking a Relationship Manager located in Halton. As an integral member of our Operations Team, you will be responsible for your region’s relationship building and communication between the key stakeholders: the school boards, international homestay agents, Canadian host families, and international students.
Why Join Us?
- Remote working with flexible hours (ideally during school hours M-F 8:30am-4:30pm)
- Full benefits package (with shared premiums)
- Paid Vacation and Personal Days
- Wellness subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Paid professional development
- Opportunity for individual and career growth
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and manage relationships between stakeholders, including assisting with conflict resolution;
- Helps homestay hosts, natural parents, and students interpret cultural practices and differences;
- Ensure all communication and documents are properly recorded and maintained;
- Help build a local network of host families (new and existing) to facilitate a sense of community and support, this includes organizing local events;
- Assume custodianship for the local region/community students under the age of 18 as required (up to 100 km);
- Participate in meetings and performance reviews;
- After hours, on-call may be required for associates who work 30+ hours per week.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least two years of homestay or related work experience
- One-year Community College Certificate or Diploma
- International experience including hosting students or traveling abroad (preferred)
- Great judgement and decision-making skills while exercising a high degree of confidentiality
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and experience
- Excellent Word, Excel, Email, and Database skills
- Ability to confidently communicate in English; its ideal to speak a second language
- Superior organizational skills and ability to hold yourself accountable while working independently
- Strong ability to develop and maintain relationships with both colleagues and clients
*This role requires a full drivers license and frequent access to a reliable vehicle