This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week.
- Provides employment counselling services to un-/under-employed persons including newcomers, persons with disabilities, seniors, indigenous, disadvantaged youth and adults.
- Conducts intakes and employability assessments with clients using Common Assessment and Employment Service suitability indicators, potential employer requirements and labour market opportunities.
- Assists clients to prepare and meet the objectives of their Better Jobs Ontario and other Training Applications.
- Conducts Employer Outreach in order to develop placement opportunities for clients in need of employment
- Facilitates structured individual, small group and e-counselling workshops to develop effective job search strategies.
- Assists with job fairs, employer and special events as needed
- Conducts scheduled follows-up with clients, monitors and supports their progress and job retention to ensure their employment service plans are fulfilled.
- Provides one-on-one assistance in resume/cover letters/interview skills as required.
- Maintains up-to-date job search and social support information and resource materials to support clients and make appropriate referrals as required
- Maintains complete electronic case notes and service entries throughout the client relationship and compiles written and statistical reports as needed.
- Develops marketing strategies targeted at specific clients and employers.
- Liaises with community agencies, boards of trade and professional groups for labour market and occupational information as a program resource.
- Conducts exit interviews upon employment and monitors client and employer for job retention, feedback on service quality and long-term impact.
- Social Services Worker Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum one (1) year of full-time employment counselling, facilitation and job placement experience.
- Experience working with MLTSD Case Management System (EOIS CaMS), SaMs, or other databases and online employment tools
- Demonstrated experience delivering virtual services using Zoom and other social media applications
- Must have strong case management and client employment service plan development skills.
- Knowledge of the current labour market and industry trends.
- Experience working with youth, internationally trained professional, apprentices, employers and the community.
- Thorough knowledge of job search techniques, strategies, information and resources.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of current computer packages: MS Office Suite, MS Teams, email and internet.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption
**Hours of work shall be scheduled in accordance with Article 12.01 and shall consist of five (5) seven (7) hour days, Monday to Friday
LOCATION: 3100 Rutherford Road, Vaughan
Start Date: July 25, 2022
SALARY: $47, 790 - $51, 435 per annum + beneifts
POSTING DATE: June 22, 2022
CLOSING DATE: July 6, 2022
Priority consideration will be given to those on Notice of Recall.