Canada Homestay Network – Host Ambassador
We are a family-run, non-profit society that provides students with a home away from home in Canada. We pride ourselves on being able to connect international students with compassionate and caring families that help to enrich the students’ experience.
Over the last 25 years, we have connected tens of thousands of students with their host families and that number keeps growing! With this in mind, CHN is currently seeking a Host Ambassador for the Vancouver, BC area. This team member plays a key role in ensuring the overall success of our homestay program. Your guidance and ability to build community networks will allow you to qualify new and existing host families and ensure they meet CHN host parent standards.
Why Join Us?
- Flexible working hours
- Piece work for all in-person interviews ($50-$55/interview)
- Wellness subsidy
- Paid volunteer days
- Paid Professional development
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct in-person interviews/visits (for new hosts) and revisits (for existing hosts) at their homes to ensure the rooms and family environment meet the required standards (See Interview/Home Visit Guide);
- Conduct pre-screen calls and enter data into our host database;
- Conduct host annual reviews;
- Consolidate and record all documentation and any additional information, including interview details, following CHN guidelines;
- Assist potential host candidates with the application process for both active and stalled applications; including all inquiries from;
- Assist with Host retention initiatives, ie. Host recognition, referrals, etc.; and
- Liaise with the local Relationship Manager to resolve outstanding host due diligence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills with the willingness and ability to promote and sell the CHN Host program;
- Positive communication skills including conflict resolution;
- Ability to work in a team and maintain and develop relationships with colleagues and their local community;
- Working knowledge of database software products as well as online communication tools (preferably Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro, and Skype);
- Working knowledge of utilizing an email client or webmail;
- Effective business writing skills, strong problem solving and organizational skills, including attention to detail;
- Knowledge of CHN policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of international students and their cultures.
*This role requires a full drivers license and frequent access to a reliable vehicle