Title: Manager of Finance, Health
Employment status: Permanent full time
Salary band: $70,256 - $85,000 /year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking Manager of Finance, Health to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Collaborating with the Director of Finance Health, the Manager of Finance, Health and Wellness is accountable for the financial direction, analysis and expertise to support the CRC’s Health and Wellness program across Canada. The incumbent will manage a finance team in support of the program, collaborate closely with Program Management, and work in close relationship with the Director of Finance, Health. This position requires attention to detail, analysis and trouble-shooting skills, positive professional attitude, and the ability to work in a team environment.
In this role, you will:
- Recruits, manages and provides leadership to employees; provides coaching and feedback in accordance with the performance management process and career development framework.
- Works closely with program staff ,senior management in the Geographies and at National Office providing financial analysis
- Consolidates Health financial results, ensuring the financial results and data are complete, accurate and reliable. Manages/Supports annual Health cost audits.
- Works closely with Senior Financial Analysts, and Operations Managers, to develop annual budgets, and monthly projections.
- Works with Director of Finance, to provide necessary schedules and narratives to support the budget and projection process.
- Provides cost modelling and business case development, as required, to inform internal management decisions and to support responses to proposals for funding
- Supports other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
- Employees and volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act, participates and promotes completion of mandatory health and safety education/orientation.
What we are looking for:
Education and experience:
- A university degree and a professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA), or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of proven staff and financial management experience.
- Experience working directly with management to provide financial advice.
- Experience with budget and projection, development and monitoring.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and communicating financial policies, systems and processes.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience is an asset.
Skills and attributes:
- Excellent budgeting and financial management skills.
- Have strong experience in team supervision
- Proactive approach with strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and influencing skills and a customer service orientation to ensure effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer focus with the ability to explain complex issues in plain language to non-experts.
- Strong communication skills in English are required. French is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, global environment with multiple conflicting demands, ambiguity and changing circumstances and demonstrated positive experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Comfortable in a volunteer-led organization and delivering to a volunteer-led accountability structure with a willingness to commit to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- This position is subject to successful Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Sector Checks;
- Ability to work non-traditional hours;
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.