Reporting to the COO of Alberta Lung (“ALA”), the Marketing and Communications Coordinator coordinates, assists and implements communications using a variety of media, including social media, to effectively describe and promote the organization and its services. The coordinator will work closely with staff and/or contractors (marketing/advertising) to ensure communications plans and initiatives effectively represent the organization and creates and maintain a positive public image to stakeholders, the media and the public. In addition, the specialist will support events, conferences and/or fundraising to raise money and/or awareness.
Coordinate and work with contracted services that provide graphic design, website development, publication of print materials and other communications tools and products for all aspects of ALA work including website, direct mail and social media.
- Coordinate calendar of events and ensure materials and services are available on time.
- Coordinate print and graphics production with contracted service providers, printers, and suppliers to ensure adherence to timeframes, standards, and objectives.
- Ensure timely quality products are produced within budget.
Coordinates, assists and implements communications using a variety of media that describes and promotes the organization and its services and effectively represents the organization to stakeholders, the media and the public throughout Alberta.
- Assist in developing and maintaining strategic communication plans and tactics for the organization and each of its initiatives, programs and events that align with, and strengthen, the organization’s brand.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including employee newsletters and stakeholders' reports.
- Assist in development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder perceptions of ALA’s accomplishments and agenda.
- Provide marketing and communications support, including to senior management, and as part of cross-organization teams, in meetings, discussions, planning and at all other opportunities.
Assist with ALA web site and event development/support.
- Help to maintain the ALA web site including overseeing website development and operation to ensure that new and current information is posted in a timely manner and is working correctly.
- Coordinate programs, events, announcements, marketing communications development, supplier management and consistency of brand using an existing CMS tool.
- Coordinate production of online advertising and promotions, maintain communications calendar.
- Prepare reports for management about social media, website, campaign performance etc.
Coordinate media relations to ensure that earned and paid media effectively supports ALA’s operations across a variety of platforms.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of media, government, community, stakeholders, employee and public interest groups.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate another appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Coordinate technical briefing and information to respond to media inquires.
- Write, coordinate and distribute news releases and media information.
- Assist in development of community reports, newsletters, and annual report.
- Post-secondary university degree in business, marketing, communications or related field with 1 to 3 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Ability to prepare routine printed promotional materials.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to develop and work within budgets is necessary.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Ability to update web sites
- Ability to write and edit business communications, newsletters and reports
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Corel, Adobe
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills suitable for a variety of audiences